Kaito Momota (Kaito x Shuichi)

Once again, requested by the wonderful and fabulous SheMyCrabQueen and by the way, before I continue writing anything else, I forgot to mention this last time, that's an amazing username. I don't know if it's a reference to something but like I'm sure it's like the song Trap Queen (probably not called that, I don't know my rap music) and it's just an overall amazing username. Anyway, they asked for: Can you also do Kaito x Saihara Sickfic?

And as always, I'm willing to deliver. Shout out to them for the request, and I hope you, along with the rest of my readers enjoy!

I was going to make this a Shuichi sickfic but I've made a couple of them already and our boy Kaito hasn't been given the treatment. Besides, it can't be that hard to write astronaut boy feeling ill, can it?

-_Sykopath_

There were many things Shuichi loved about Kaito. He didn't like being the cutesy, romantic type of couple, and he hated cliches, but he loved to list things in his head about what he loved so much about Kaito. His... questionable outfit choices and how he wears them, the idiotic way he styles his hair, his confidence in every and any situation, his willingness to help his friends, no matter what siuation their in. However, Shuichi valued one thing about Kaito more than most.

His honesty.

Or, what Shuichi thought was Kaito's honesty.

Shuichi never had a problem with Kaito and lies. That was definitely Kokichi's forte, and he wasn't going to swap Kokichi to be his boyfriend any time soon. Kaito was completely honest with them all, and whilst he sometimes struggled with admitting that he needed help every once in a while, he would always come around. Eventually.

However, for some reason, Kaito hadn't felt like he had to tell the truth to Shuichi this day. Shuichi wasn't entirely sure why, and it definitely hurt him. He wouldn't get over it anytime soon, that was sure. How Kaito even managed to keep it a secret from their fourteen other classmates as well amazed him. Well, he only managed to keep it a secret from isolating himself from their classmates for the time except the morning, but the moral was still there.

He hadn't seen Kaito for the majority of the day. He couldn't entirely blame the astronaut though, seeing as he spent time getting to know the remainder of his classmates. Whilst he enjoyed Kaede's rambling about famous classical pieces, and he wouldn't dare say he didn't like the presence of Maki, and he truly loved spending time with his boyfriend, it was nice for the detective to be able to see the different personalities of his classmates.

For instance, he'd spent most of the day with Ryouma, Kokichi and Kirumi. Kokichi had insisted on spending time with his beloved, and Ryouma happened to overhear the conversation. The tennis player, or former, enjoyed keeping to himself, but he couldn't help but involve him with this. It was initially to save Shuichi from the supreme leader, but he himself was dragged into yet another of Kokichi's schemes.

Kokichi insisted that they couldn't play tennis with three people, and would need a fourth. Seeing as she followed almost all requests made of her, Kirumi made the best choice to ask. Thus, it lead to the four of the classmates bonding whilst playing tennis. Admitedly, Shuichi enjoyed watching Ryouma's eyes light up, even though he protested that his desire for tennis has burned out.

Shuichi wasn't too sure on that statement, but he never was in the first place.

However, when he had found Kaito, he was glad he hadn't wasted any more time with his classmates. Well, maybe it wasn't wasted, but he did want to get back to his boyfriend, and he did like spending time with all of his classmates, Kaito included.

He stumbled across Kaito, who had been in the cafeteria. He had been sat on one of the seats surrounding the table, his head resting on the table. He just seemed exhausted, and that he was perhaps giving himself a break for once. This itself was a bit of a shock with Kaito's usual behaviour, but not everyone could be strong one hundred percent of the time.

"Kaito?" He called out softly. When his boyfriend made no movement, Shuichi sighed, taking the seat next to him. He gently shook Kaito's shoulder, and the astronaut slowly raised his head. At closer inspection of his boyfriend, Shuichi could see how pale and the state his boyfriend was in. He put the back of his hand to Kaito's forehead, who seemed fond of the coolness of his boyfriend's hand.

Shuichi shook his head, sighing once more. From what little he had seen of Kaito in the morning, he seemed up to his usual hero persona, and nothing had deterred that. Now, however, he looked like a superhero who had been in brunt of a failing fight, his hair stuck to his forehead, fatigue evident in his entire body and his skin paler than Kokichi's was.

"Why didn't you come find me?" He asked, his voice remaining gentle for the blatantly sick boy. Kaito shrugged, moving his head to rest on Shuichi's shoulder. Shuichi smiled lightly, moving his hand to run through Kaito's hair, smoothing it away from his warm forehead. Kaito seemed to appreciate the gesture, but made no efforts to say anything.

"You know you could have, right?" Shuichi pushed on. Kaito nodded, leaning onto his boyfriend. Shuichi laughed lightly, ruffling the astronaut's hair affectionately. 

"Lets get you back to your room then." Shuichi smiled. Kaito nodded, waiting for Shuichi to stand before he attempted to do so. Once Shuichi was stood, he slowly helped his boyfriend stand up, who despite being weak in the knees, managed to stay standing. Despite their workout sessions that Maki would also accompany them in, Shuichi knew he wasn't physically strong enough to carry his boyfriend. It would've also been to much of a romantic gesture to them, and they weren't usually the couple for P.D.A.

He slowly and patiently led Kaito back to his own dorm room, not minding that it seemed to take the astronaut and agonising amount of time to find the will-power to even move his limbs, let alone at a reasonable pace. 

Once they had actually made it inside the room, Shuichi didn't need to tell Kaito twice that he needed to rest. He himself settled down in his bed, mumbling something incoherent to the only present sidekick of his before he seemed to drift off to sleep. Shuichi smiled at him, kissing his forehead once more before leaving to go fetch some water for the astronaut before he himself returned to Kaito's room to make sure nothing dire happened.

At least, that's what he told himself, and would probably continue telling himself. Even if they woke up together in the same bed, it was to "check his fever".