Ichthys, The Mischievous Trickster: Story 2

Start from the beginning

I rub my temples as I take a seat on my couch. Ichthys is more like a mischievous little boy than a god.

Is this what Dui and Teorus were referring to?

When they said Ichthys doesn't know when to much is too much?

I got to sleep that night, restless. My mind to busy going over the events of the day.

The Next Morning...

After parking my truck, I cross the street then head down the alley that leads to the back door of the restaurant. Against the brick wall, Emily puffs a cigarette.

"Hey." She waves to me.

"Hi, Em." I return the gesture.

She puts out her cigarette, by dropping it on the ground and digging her heel into it. "Yesterday was pretty crazy, huh?"

I freeze. "C-crazy? What do you mean?"

I thought she and everyone else didn't remember!?

"That party reservation that we held upstairs? There were soo many people, it was hard to get around carrying a tray of drinks." She says.

While Emily speaks I get a quick flashback of when she fell.

"O-oh...yeah." I nod, as I walk up the few stairs to the door.

Emily follows behind me. "Yeah, but then one of the railings fell off. Luckily no one got hurt."

"Yeah...good thing." I nervously laugh.

We enter the back of the restaurant, walking into the breakroom, then enter the female changeroom. We start getting ready for our shift.

"By the way." Emily begins to say, opening her locker. "Abbey, are you free tonight?"

"Maybe...why?" I eye her suspiciously.

"Well..." A flirtatious grin plays along her lips. "I wanted to talk to you about those hot guys who showed up yesterday."

I feel my cheeks burn. "W-what are you talking about?"

"Come on. Don't play dumb! You know exactly what I'm talking about! They were here last night at the party last night, hitting on you."

Oh my god...they did a lot more than just simply alter their memories, making them forget about what really happened, but altered it so they were here, hitting on me?!

"Urgh..." I groan, irritated. I slam my locker shut.

"You gotta tell me!" Emily pleads.

"No, I don't." I sternly tell her. "Now come on, we got a job to do."

Emily sighs disappointedly. "Your no fun..." She pouts.

We exit the changeroom, walking down a short hallway, pass the kitchen and into the dining area.

"Heeeyy, Abbey!"

An all too familiar sounding voice excitedly calls from the main doors.

I become stiff and stop in my tracks as I see Ichthys waving to me with a big smile on his face.

"Oh no..." I quietly say.

I see the eyes of customers look over at Ichthys. I hear Emily gasp and nudge my arm, giving me a suggestive grin.