Chapter 7

rdan's POV

"Mom, dad?"

I haven't seen mom and dad for like a few months. They never told me where they were going. Now they are back. How am I going to explain why Isabel is here. I just hope nothing bad really happens tonight. I hope mom and dad don't get mad.

"Jordan who is this?" Mom asked. She gave me a look she always gave me when I was younger and I did something bad.

"Mom this is my girlfriend Isabel."

"Hi I'm Jordan's mom Grace." Mom walked closer to Isabel and held her hand out to her. Isabel looked scared, I could tell by how she shook mom's hand.

"Hi I'm Tom. Jordan's dad." I looked at Isabel, she looked really scared now. My dad put his hand out for her to take it. She thought about it then shook his hand.

"Wait Isabel your dad is named Jim right?" Isabel’s face paled. I looked at dad then back at Isabel, she started to back up. She looked like she was bout to cry. I grabbed Isabel she started to crying into my chest.

"Isabel what's the matter?"

"Jordan, I don't want to go back home. What if your parents try to send me back? I don't want to go."

"Its ok Isabel. They won't send you back."

"Jordan what is going on?" My dad had a serious look on his face.

"Dad I will explain in a second, I'm going to go put Isabel to bed."

"Ok.” I walked Isabel upstairs.

“Do you want to sleep in my room?” She nodded her head. I took her into my room. I got her a shirt and a pair of sweat pants to wear.

"Jordan?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think your parents will send me back home?"

"I'm hoping they don't, but if they try to I'm going to get them not to. You are going to stay with me."

"Thank you Jordan."

"You're welcome. Now come on we are going to get you to bed."

"Ok." Isabel had laid down in bed. I laid down next to her. She cuddled up next to me. In like 5 minutes she was fast asleep. I walked back downstairs to see my mom and dad at the kitchen table talk and drinking coffee.

"Jordan would you like to tell us why she is here?" Dad had asked me.

"Dad I umm one day she came over here crying she said that her dad was uh beating her. So I let her spend the night. Then she came back again another night, this time umm her dad had choked her and raped her. She didn't want to go back so I let her stay here."

"JIM DID WHAT!?"

"Dad please calm down. She doesn't want to go back. Oh and another thing umm she is pregnant."

"Jordan who is the father?" My mom gave me the “look”.

"Yea umm Isabel's dad is the father." My dad threw his coffee cup against the wall, It broke into pieces. Dad was really mad I could tell.

"Dad why are you so mad you barely know them?"

"I do know them. I used to come down here all the time when we lived in Virginia, I used to always come here and hang with Jim. Isabel was only 4 years old when I finally met her. I met Isabel's mom but I forgot her name, but anyways I would always come here and hang with Jim and play with Isabel. Then sometimes when Jim and his wife went out I had babysit Isabel. I treated her like my own daughter, and for you to tell me that Jim hit her and raped her it makes me mad. Cause Jim promised Isabel's mom to not hurt her, I never thought Jim would do that to her. His own daughter!"