New Year's Eve (35) Chapter

~35~

Isabel's POV

Mom and Dad are now throwing a New Year's party. I don't think I'm ready for it but oh well. I got to get to know some people. We were all getting dressed and ready for the party.

"Isabel have you seen my dressy blue shirt?"

"Its right here on the bed Jordan." Jordan ran out of the bathroom. He grabbed his shirt and put it on.

"Isabel how do I look?"

"You look very yummy."

"Thank you baby." Jordan pecked me on the lips. I finished putting on my make up. I pulled on my silver dress. (AN: Picture on side -------->)

"Jordan please explain to me why I have to wear this dress again"

"Because Isabel in our family there is the dumb thing when there is a new addition to the family the bride wears silver and if there is a new guy then they wear I really don't know what they wear but you have to wear it."

"But why the long dress though?"

"Isabel just wear it please."

"Fine." I then put the necklace Jordan gave me for Christmas on. I turned around a looked at Jordan.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

"How long do we have till the party starts?"

"Well mom said everyone is coming at 10 so we have about 30 minutes."

"30 minutes!?!? If i would've known I would have took longer to get ready."

"Well you know now. Come on Isabel lets go downstairs so mom and dad can see you." Jordan grabbed my hand. I used my other hand to pull the dress up so i wouldn't really drag on the floor and also so I can walk. When we got downstairs mom was there.

"Oh my gosh Isabel you look so beautiful. You look so... I don't know what to say you look more then beautiful. You look amazing.. You look-"

"Ok mom she gets it she looks more than beautiful and more than amazing." That comment made me blush. I never really got a comment like that from anyone. I would always think i was ugly or something. But now that I'm a here with Jordan and is family I feel way better then what I did years ago. Everything has changed. I feel more loved and more at home here. I feel more free. I am at peace. I don't have to worry about when daddy is going to bust through that door and rape me or beat me again. I don't have to worry about all of that here.

"Isabel I forgot to tell you, before 12 you have to make a speech in front of everyone."
I felt my face pale. Ok I can do this no harm done. I know I can do this.

"Ok I will just give me a signal when you are ready for me to make the speech."

"Ok. Well everyone is starting to arrive so enjoy."

****************

Me and Jordan chatted with everyone at the party. A lot of people came from the north where Jordan's family used to live. I met most of Jordan's cousins. Then some people that dad knew (Jordan's dad) that was famous came so of course there was paparazzi. Everyone was enjoying the part. I saw it was 11:15. Mom came to me.

"Isabel sweetie its time." I nodded. Jordan walked with me. Me and Jordan went up about 5 steps on the staircase. We gathered every ones attention.

"Good evening everyone. I am going to make this short. Mrs. Grace told me I have to make some type of speech and so I will. Um this past year wasn't the best for me. I have been raped and abused by my father." I heard people gasp. Some paparazzi took pictures. "Yes it was a struggle. But I made it through with my Fiance Jordan." Some people started clapping. "At first I really didn't want to become friends with him because I know that he would've found out about my dad. I tried to hide it but he saw right through me. After a few days of being friends I guess he couldn't stay away from me he asked me to be his girlfriend." Some people laughed and some awed. "Then after we dated for awhile he proposed. Ever since the day we met I felt more of myself. I lived here with the Wright family ever since. When I'm with Jordan and his family I am not scared anymore. When I lived with my dad I was worried about the next time he was going to bust in my room door and beat me or rape me." "Here with the Wright family I am not worried about anything. I feel more love here, I feel like I'm at home. With me marrying Jordan I feel as my life is completed. Jordan is my rock, he is my love, he is my life. He is my everything." Everyone clapped and cheered. I started crying a little bit. Jordan came and wrapped an arm around me and kissed me on my head. "He was the first person to talk to me, my first friend, my first boyfriend, and my first fiance. I can't say for kiss but his kiss was the first i enjoyed. He has been there for me and my twins even though they are not his kids he takes care of them. Jordan showed me a lot and I am grateful to have him. And so for the New Year one of my Resolutions is to be the best mother, wife, daughter, best friend/little sister I can be. I have many more Resolutions but that is just one."

"Can someone please hand me some champagne." A man walked over and handed it to me I thanked him. "To the New Year." Everyone joined in a said 'To the New Year'. Everyone started clapping for me. One reporter walked up to me.

"Hi I am Matthew. May I have your name please."

"Isabel Baker Or you can just write Isabel Wright."

"Well beware Missy you will have front cover on everything tomorrow morning." I ran and found Jordan. When I found him I started telling him about the reporter.

"He said I will be on the front cover of everything tomorrow morning. I am kinda nervous about that."

"Don't worry Isabel. I had that happen to me many times before. But right now since the New Year is coming in a few minutes lets go get the twins and go outside." I nodded. We walked up stairs and saw the twins were fast asleep. I grabbed Kiara while Jordan grabbed Annabel. As we made our way down the stairs I made sure to not fall. When we were downstairs everyone was getting to a window or going outside. Fireworks started shooting showing numbers on it. Everyone started counting down.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year."

"Happy New year Isabel."

"Happy New Year Jordan." Jordan placed his lips on mine. It was a slow sweet kiss. I saw camera flashes. I saw people were taking pictures of us. I pulled away from Jordan but smiled.

"They are bothering you right?"

"Just a little bit. It seems like ever since I gave that speech everyone has started taking pictures of me doing whatever I do."

"Isabel that is going to happen for a while. I am sorry to say that but now they are going to be following you a lot. You may even get a little fan club but who knows what will happen. We will have to find out later."

"Yea your right." Just then Kiara started waking up. I looked down at her. She started smiling and clapping her hands. Jordan leaned down and kiss Kiara on the top of her head. Annabel started waking up too. She looked up at Jordan. She smiled and her cheeks turned red. Oh my gosh that is the first time I have seen a baby blush, and by her father. I started laughing.

"Ok good, Isabel you saw that too." I nodded my head. We went back inside. We found mom and dad. We handed the twins to them. I know they wanted to hold the girls. We went where everyone was dancing. Jordan grabbed my hand and started twirling me around. I didn't know what the song was but I started dancing. Me and Jordan were moving to the music. Then a slow song had came on. Jordan pulled me into him. I looked into his eyes. The eyes that I could look into forever. I rested my head on Jordan's shoulder. We had swayed to the music. The song went on forever, and I can stay like this forever. Jordan twirled me around, then he dipped me. He then leaned his head down till our lips were together. We kissed for a minute then continued to dance. I didn't know everyone was looking till the song ended and everyone was clapping.
We walked to mom and dad.

"Y'all did amazing. Y'all are better than how we did it years ago."

"Mom all I did was spin her then dip her."

"My point exactly."

"Mom that doesn't make sense."

"Well to us old people it makes perfect sense. Now y'all can go do whatever. Everyone is about to head home so might as well. Isabel you can end the night by telling everyone good night and get home safely."

"Ok." Me and Jordan walked up a couple of steps. We were holding the twins this time because I after I was done with this. I'm going up stairs and these shoes are coming off as soon as possible.

"Goodnight everyone please get home safe. And Enjoy your new year."
Some people came and said goodnight. MEe and Jordan walked upstairs. Come on Isabel I want to show you something. Jordan grabbed my hand and pulled me to his computer. Jordan went on Youtube. He then typed in a song called 'At The Beginning' Jordan started playing the song. He then turned to me. He started singing to me

'We were strangers starting out on a journey, Never dreaming what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you
No one told me, I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope
You were there to remind me
This is the start.
And life is a road I wanna keep goin
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road and forever wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I want to be standing
At the beginning with you
We were strangers, on a crazy adventure
Never dreaming, our dreams would come true
Now here we are, unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you
And life is a road I wanna keep goin
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road and forever wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I want to be standing
At the beginning with you
Life is a road I wanna keep goin
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Starting out on a journey

And life is a road I wanna keep goin
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing

At the beginning
with you'

I had tears in my eyes. First Jordan had an amazing voice. Two the song was just so pretty. The song basically spoke about us.

"Isabel this is how I feel. Whenever I lost something or did something or said something wrong you were there to remind me what to do. I want our love to be like a river and always flowing I don't want it to stop. And I will always be with you know matter what. This is our beginning. We have no end we are like a circle. No beginning no ends. Well the circle part I'm trying to say is I don't want us to end so I'm just going to drop the circle thing for right now. But Isabel I don't want us to ever end. When you have me you're stuck with me. I love you. I want to start this journey at the beginning with you. I will always be there when you need me. I love you so much you mean the world to me. You are my everything. Isabel please remember I will love you no matter what happens. I will always love you."

"I love you too Jordan. And I will never forget that. Never." Jordan placed his lips on mine. This is the best kiss ever. It was slow sweet. It was filled with so much love. And that's all I feel from Jordan. Love. He shows me nothing but love and that is what I love about him. Me and Jordan pulled away.

"Isabel are your feet still hurting?"

"Yea. Oh and I never took off my shoes too."

"Sit on the bed." I sat on the bed. Jordan took the shoes off of my feet. After he did that he started massaging my feet. This feels really good. When Jordan was finish I went and got out the dress. I just put on a shirt. It didn't cover anything it just stopped at my waist. I was a little too hot so I just wore this. I walked back out into the room I crawled into bed. Jordan came in right behind me. Jordan wrapped his arms around me. I had cuddled right into his arms. I felt so safe in his arms. Jordan kissed me on the top of my head. This is the best New Years ever.