Chapter 51

'In loving memory of Isabelle, Robert and Maryse Lightwood' stood on the gravestones. Alec and Magnus were sitting before them. Today was the death day of Alec's family and Magnus was squeezing his hand while a single tear left Alec's cheek. Magnus layed his forehead on Alec's shoulder, he wished he could put the pain away but he basically felt how Alec's heart was breaking. On their way home, Alec didn't said anything, he just looked out the rainy window and Magnus didn't bothered him. He understood that in this time, Alec needed time for himself. "Thank you" said Alec after a while, Magnus who turned to the right looked at him "I'm always here for you, Alexander", "I know and that's why I'm thanking to you, I wish we could meet earlier", Magnus smiled lighty, when they came to Magnus skyscraper, Magnus car stopped when he saw Raphael waiting for them. Magnus put the key out the car "be careful", Alec nodded and together they left the car, Raphael shaked his head "I knew that I would find you together", "what's happened?" Asked Magnus, "the pack and the clan came to a solution, Alec should be a leader of the pack or we can't have peace", Alec rolled his eyes "I've told you-", "You are the leader of all packs, Luke can't hold everyone back, you need to learn to be a leader, it's a rule that we can't ignore", Magnus shaked his head "What if he is not ready?", "Luke is still injured, Valentine people are hunting us and the pack, why I am more worried about wolves that over my own pack", Alec bit his lip, Maybe its was really what he needed to do, maybe he needed to pull himself together and lead the pack, be a leader, he knew he won't be perfect but who was. Alec looked at Magnus "He's right, I can't be that egoistic anymore, I need to face my responsibilities", Magnus sighed "What do you want to do?", "announce myself as a leader".