Chapter 29

Dear Readers:

I have internet back so I can begin writing once more, as well as being able to use my finger again! Yay! I messed up with the chapter numbers, and this is the actual chapter 29. It's short, I know, but i'm already writing the next chapter and it's going to make up for the shortness of this one, I promise.

Happy Reading :)

Nybbas

After a lot of arguing between Remiel and Wrath, they decided on three veggie pizzas, and three meat lover’s pizzas. Life and Death had watched on with amusement, but when the pizzas arrived, they had both helped themselves to a few pieces as well.

Wrath and Remiel had eaten two boxes each, both commenting on how amazing modern food was on Earth in between bites. Nybbas didn’t eat, just sat silently and waited until everyone was finished. Luke didn’t eat either, but he grabbed a can of soda from the fridge and drank it while he waited.

As Nybbas watched Remiel, he remembered the girl that had stabbed Lane and how Remiel had stood in front of her, trying to protect her. Was she his Mate?

“What happened to the red head?” Nybbas asked, and Remiel turned to him with his eyes narrowed.

“Why?” Remiel growled, the slice of pizza in his hand momentarily forgotten.

“Relax, Angel, I’m just curious. You seemed rather protective of the little half-breed is all.” Nybbas shrugged and leaned further back into his seat, a smile threatening to form on his face.

So the Archangel had found his Chosen, and she was a hybrid, part demon and part angel, a being cursed to die from birth. In fact, it was an Archangel’s job to execute the product of a union between an Angel and a Demon. The fates must have something in store for Remiel if his fated other half is a being he is meant to kill.

“Well stop. She’s none of your concern.” Remiel snapped before shoving the piece of pizza into his mouth. He managed to continue to glare at Nybbas while he chewed and swallowed his food, which was a comical sight.

“Relax Angel, that demon’s already obsessed with your little sister.” Wrath said after finishing his last slice of pizza.

Luke laughed at Wrath’s statement, probably because it caused Remiel to squish the pizza he had been holding in his hand, getting pizza sauce and vegetables all over his hands. Nybbas shook his head, beginning to feel agitated.

“So, what are we going to do about Lane, and her fun filled adventure?” Luke asked, sarcasm lacing his tone. Of course, the youngest being would be the first to talk about the elephant in the room.

Nybbas sighed, “I don’t think there’s a way to convince her out of going, that is her brother after all. She’s not doing it alone though. Honestly, I’d rather do it myself than risk her going with me.”

“She’ll never agree to that.” Remiel said, using a napkin to wipe the remnants of the mutilated pizza from his hand.

“I know. The only thing I can do and stall her until I have a solid plan, otherwise, there’s no way we’ll make it out alive, even without  Zachriel.” Nybbas ran his hand through his disheveled hair in frustration. Just the idea of Lane going back to the Underworld had him on the edge.

“You’re going to need more than just you two to make it out of that place. I’ll help. I always loved pissing off the big man. He has hissy fits that would put a two year old to shame.” Luke had a smile on his face and a faraway look in his eyes, as if he was imagining Lucifer’s reaction already.

“I, too, will help.” Those were the only words that Wrath spoke, before disappearing from the room. Nybbas frowned, but he wasn’t going to complain.

They could really use all the help they could get. He only wished he knew that he could trust the demon.

“Sounds like fun, we’re in. Aren’t we, my love?” Life looked to Death with a smile on her face, knowing that she had already won before the argument even began. Death smiled back at his Mate, the love between them was obvious to anyone who was looking.

“I’m not able to, Angels are forbidden from entering the Domain of Hell.” Remiel said, leaning back in his chair and using a napkin to wipe any remnants of his meal from his face. “In fact, I’m curious as how to Death is going to be able to join you on this little adventure. Mind satisfying my curiosity Soul Stealer?”

The way Remiel spoke with Death, it was harsh and rude. For the first time, Nybbas noticed the way the Archangel glared at the older Angel, as if he blamed him for something. Hatred burned in Remiel’s ocean blue eyes, and it was all directed at Death himself, who seemed neither to notice nor care.

“I am the first Angel to ever be created, before even Lucifer himself. As the Angel of Death I collect the souls of the dead from wherever they are, including the Underworld. There is nowhere that I am not allowed to go.” Death was looking back at Remiel, his eyes cold and uncaring.

Frowning, Nybbas decided to intervene before Remiel snapped and attacked Death, though he still didn’t quite understand the animosity between the two. He would rather not have the rest of the apartment destroyed while Lane slept if he could prevent it.

“How long, approximately, will it take us to prepare for this? I know Lane wants to rush into this, but I would like to figure out a way to make this happen without alerting Lucifer of our arrival.” Otherwise, nobody would be leaving Hell in one piece. Lucifer was not a tolerant or forgiving man, and he wouldn’t be above locking them all up in the catacombs just for entering Hell once more.

“I would say wait a month or two, Lane will never agree to anything longer than that.” Life muttered almost to herself. Though her hand was intertwined with Death’s, her eyes were glassy and distant.

“I would give it a month, because after that, Lucifer will be having his big Demon Reunion, and he plans on trying to let more Demons out of the Gates of Hell than he ever has before – by creating more than is agreed upon by the law.” Wrath said nonchalantly, as If what he had just said hadn’t been earth- shattering news.  Nybbas hadn’t even noticed the demon had returned.

Nybbas felt shock and fear heighten his senses, and he had an overwhelming to check on his Mate and hold her close to him, to make sure she was safe. The prospect of what Wrath said coming true was too dangerous to even consider, it was more than just Lucifer creating more demons.

What Wrath had said would be an apocalypse, for humans and angels alike.