Chapter 27

Author Note- I'm sorry about the long wait and I apologize in advance if there are any mistakes or anything with this chapter. If you see anything, just leave me a comment or message and i'll fix it. I broke my left index finger, and that along with the medication is making it hard for me to write. I'm going to continue to do my best, though. So thank you to everyone who's reading -even the silent readers :)

Lane

Darkness was surrounding her, she was suffocating in it. Lane had no idea how to get out of the eternal void that she had been thrown into. She didn’t know how long she had been there, or how she had even got there in the first place.

All Lane knew was that somewhere out there, where she was supposed to be, the Demon of Pain was in complete control. Lane had been stuck in her past, reliving memories that went against everything she had believed and knew for the last 10 years, but yet.. it had all felt too real to be fake.

In these memories, she had been cherished, and loved. She had never been abused or neglected, she had been doted on by her entire family. Her brothers had been captured by Demons, two demons who were working together in fact, and they had been held in the underworld for centuries. Lane would see them every night while she slept, the demons who tortured her brothers were now visible to her, and she recognized them both.

With her memories, Lane got back her humanity. She knew how to control her emotions, and her Demon. Lane knew right from wrong once more, and she knew who she was.

Lane also knew that the Demon who had killed Uriel, and kept Zachriel alive in the deepest catacombs of hell, was the very same Demon who was now a part of Lane.

------------

Nybbas

The Demon of Wrath held a dominating aura around him, one that seemed to suffocate all those in his presence. Wrath was tall, taller than Nybbas in his demon form, with a muscular build and yellow eyes. He had no hair, but his neck and hands were covered in tattoos, signifying his power and age.

His eyes were narrowed on the Demon of Pain, a cruel smile curling his lips up. “Pain, what the fuck do you think you’re doing?” His voice boomed throughout the room, his power creating havoc within each of the occupants.

His power affected all those near him, even those who were miles away could feel his influence if he allowed it. The Seven Deadly Sins were strong, and Wrath was one of the oldest demons to have ever fallen from grace.

This is the reason why Nybbas was being affected by his power. Well, atleast the demon part of him was. The Lupine part was beginning to stir, craving to attack, to protect. Even though her demon was running rampant, Lane -his Mate- was still standing in front of him, her eyes wide with shock, and burning with rage.

“What does it look like i’m doing?” She snapped, her dark eyes blazing. Nybbas couldn’t tell whether it was from fear or anger, but either way, Wrath was affecting her.

Interesting. In ten years time, Lane had become known to the Seven Deadly Sins, enough to bring Wrath to the human plane, and for Pride to become Lane’s greatest fear, before even Lucifer himself.