Chapter 21

Nybbas

"Now, I'm going to kill all of you, one by one, and enjoy making you bleed."

Even as her voice made him weak, her words made him ache. Laneene was holding her weapon of choice in her hand, the silver and gold seemed to shine even as sparks jumped from the sharp blade. The power she had was rolling off of her in waves, and it impressed the Demon in Nybbas, as well as making his Lupine side proud.

His Mate was stronger than before, that was made obvious when she had pulled the knife out of her own back, and instantly began healing. Her power had been like a shockwave that knocked the girl that had attacked Lane onto her back.

Nybbas knew his eyes were still pure white, a sign that his Lupine was at bay. Seeing his Mate being stabbed had caused something in him to snap, and he was craving the blood of the girl who was lying on the floor, staring at Lane wide-eyed.

Though it was obvious that the girl meant something to Remiel, she may even be his mate, Nybbas didn't care. He was no longer Nick, the Fallen Demon, he was Nybbas the Demon of Nightmares. His anger overpowered his humanity, and he cared about nothing other than protecting his mate. The Lupine side of him would not allow him to focus on anything else.

He had just witnessed someone attempt to murder Lane, the one being who was meant to be his, who would complete him completely. He didn't care whether she was an Angel, a Demon, a Fallen, or a human; he would still protect her with his life.

He watched as Remiel stepped in front of the girl, whose green eyes were wide with shock and fear. Her body was shaking, and for a moment Nybbas felt pity for the girl, until he saw the blood staining her hands. Once again, he had to force back the urge to let his Lupine take control and rip her to shreds. He hadn't been able to hold back the growl though, and it was loud enough to make everyone in the room turn to look at him. His Mate looked surprised, Remiel looked tense, and the girl on the ground seemed terrified.

"So, you're a Lupine? I wasn't expecting that." Lane spoke, amusement evident in her voice. She was still tense, prepared for an attack by Remiel.

Nybbas shrugged, "There's many things you don't know about me, Mate." Even as he spoke the words, he realized his mistake. Lane wouldn't be able to understand their bond; to her, she had never seen him before walking into the apartment. Time went faster down in the Underworld, and their emotions were shut off, so she wouldn't know a lot about what she was feeling, she probably hadn't been told much about Mates or Chosen either, it was taboo down in the Underworld.

Lane threw her hand out, knocking Remiel back with her power, making him land onto top of the ruined couch with a grunt. She then turned to Nybbas, and he watched as her eyes turned from gold to pure black, with flames dancing in them.

At the sight, anger began to lace its way through Nybbas' system like a poison. He knew there was only one person in all the realms with eyes like those, and he only gifted them to those he considered his favorite "pets". Those women, and men, were his lovers, as well as the people he had created himself. They inherited a fraction of his powers, and he decided what kind of Demon they would be.

That meant, that Lucifer was Laneene's Master, and she would never be able to betray him. She was so strong, it would be nearly impossible to bring her back from that kind of darkness.

The fact that another man had touched his Mate made Nybbas furious, and he wanted to rip something, anything, apart. He wanted blood, and death, and he would get it one way or another.

"So that little bitch was right? You're my Mate?" Lane's voice was like a fire under his skin, and it burned him to the core.

"Don't sound so upset, sweetheart. I'm not too happy about the fact that my Mate is Lucifer's Pet." In his anger, Nybbas barely realized what he was saying. He wanted to make her hurt, he wanted to see her react to him and the things he said.