Chapter 1

Laneene

As Laneene sat at the bar, stirring the straw in her cup, she saw the lights flicker. She tensed, and her hand itched to reach back and grab the hidden sword at her back.

Though it was comforting to hold it, she didn't want to expose herself.

Not yet atleast, so she forced herself to pull her hand away from the cool steel, and placed it on the bar.

She couldn't just start killing, she had to have a reason, or she would be hunted.

Lane felt her lips tilt up into a sarcastic grin; the hunter could become the hunted. She shook her head and took a deep breath as she heard the screams begin.

It was time to start the hunt.

The screaming was a pounding rhythm in her head, one she hated, but was used to.

She clenched her teeth, feeling the beginning of anger beginning to thread through her veins.

No.

She clamped down on it and focused on the cold strength she was accustomed to. She couldn't let emotions get in the way of tonight, too much was at stake.

She turned around in the bar stool, and looked onto the dance floor. Three people were lying on the ground, unconscious, and the others were staring at the two people standing around them, if you could even call them people, she thought.

She had to force herself to keep a look of confusion on her face, instead of disgust.

They were both beautiful, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Both were wearing cocktail dresses, one was red and the other was wearing black. The girls both had a thin body frame, which made them look weak, but looks could be deceiving. These girls were strong, animalistic, and still looked like angels.

Lane rolled her eyes mentally, yeah, Fallen Angels maybe.

She stood up and walked to where they stood, circling the group of humans who looked terrified yet entranced.

"Girls," she said, sounding disappointed, "Didn't your Daddy ever teach you it's not nice to play with your food?"

Both turned to look at her, the one with the red dress hissed, "Who are you?"

She tsk'd, "Aww, don't you recognize me? I thought you would remember the girl who cut your wings."

Xenia hissed, she was the one wearing the red dress, and then the quiet one, Rhena, spoke. "Laney, it's been awhile. We didn't think you were still alive. I thought you would have been killed long ago."

Lane shrugged, "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not that easy to kill."

Xenia smiled, showing two rows full of razor sharp teeth, "We'll see about that."

Xenia attacked first, running at Lane head on. She was going to use her teeth and her claws, she didn't expect her to dodge and pull out her sword. Lane cut her arm and Xenia screamed and grabbed it.

Lane could smell the scent of burning flesh and she nearly grimaced, she hated that smell.

Silver burned the flesh of these beings, and it smelled awful.

While Xenia was busy with her cut, Lane took advantage of that and swung her sword in a downward arc. The sound of Rhena's high-pitched screech drowned out the sound of Xenia's body and dismembered head hitting the floor.

"You-You-" Rhena was so angry she couldn't even finish her sentence.

"I don't have the patience for this," Lane said in annoyance, then ran at Rhena before she could even realize what was happening, she slid her sword right through Rhena's heart. She heard the sound of Rhena's skin burning as she pulled out the blade and after a minute the screams stopped, leaving Lane feeling empty.