Chapter 32

AN* Let me begin by stating how sorry I am for not posting. I've been dealing with my hectic life, and I lost the chapters I had written due to a laptop malfunction.. ugh. Anyway, between having a baby and dealing with everything else, there's been little time to do more than think about the upcoming chapters. I will be doing my best to update sooner, I would rather not have any of my readers cut off my head for vanishing so long at a time. Once again, sorry guys!

And now....

Nybbas

He was covered in the blood and gore from the creatures he was surrounded by. The warm, thick substance that coated his body was foul smelling and revulting. Even as the thought crossed his mind, Nybbas grabbed a hellhound by the throat with his barehands and ripped out it's trachea, resulting in the spray of blood on his face, chest, and in his hair. He took a moment to wipe the liquid from his face and out of his eyes before turning to once again catch sight of Lane.

He felt a breath of relief leave him as he saw her standing next to the mutilated corpses of two hellhounds, and facing off against another. She was okay, though, and she was still there. She was well was covered in the blood of the hellhounds, it was coating her to the point her usually honey blonde hair now seemed to be dyed a dark crimson. She didn't seem to mind, though, if anything it seemed to Nybbas that she was thoroughly enjoying herself. Her eyes were a shining gold surrounded by the darkest of blacks, a sharp contrast to hey pale skin and red lips. He could see her fangs peeking out from her lips and he felt a sharp stab of lust at the sight, which lead to his control of the Lupine inside him to slip momentarily.

Before he realized he was moving, Nybbas was using his bare hands to grab the approaching hound of hell, and rip its jaw from his skull. This time, he reveled in the blood that coated him, so much so that he ripped the still beating heart from the dying hellhound's chest. He watched as the burning under the creature's skin died out, leaving it just a charred, mangled mess. Nybbas then turned toward his real target, the necromancer.

The coward was standing against the far wall, the cloak covering his body as well as head. Nybbas could hear him muttering as he recited his spell over and over again, bringing the hellhounds back to life to protect himself. The spellcaster was short, probably 5'3'', and looked to be thin. He obviously used his magic in every fight, so he didn't need to dirty his own hands.

The Demon of Nightmares had seen his type before, had killed them almost as often as he saw them. Though in the modern age, necromancers were few and far between, they had taken to hiding in the shadows and practicing their magic under the radar. To say they weren't liked, was an understatement.

Nybbas growled and stalked toward his prey, blood lust taking over his senses. He knew his eyes were yellow, the color they changed to whenever his Lupine was in control of his body. In that moment, he was more beast than man, and he had his eyes on his prey.

It took mere seconds for the necromancer to realize his intentions and begin to direct the hellhounds towards Nybbas, but by that time it was too late. Snarling, Nybbas launched himself at the scrawny body, his eyeteeth turning into fangs, ready to tear the being apart an devour it's internal organs.

He felt something slam into his side before he could reach his quarry, and even as he slammed into the dirt floor he snarled at whatever dared get into between him and his next kill. He was shocked to see Lane standing over him, her eyes narrowed on him and her body crouched in a defensive position.

"What the hell are you doing Laneene?" Nybbas snarled as his inner wolf retreated and allowed him to take back control. He couldn't believe she had defended the necromancer, the one thing that was stopping them from being done with this little game the twin demons had concocted.