Chapter 3

Laneene

 Lane began to shake, the pain, guilt, and self-hatred all pushing her into shock. She had killed an innocent woman, and had liked it. She had become what she hunted; she was now a Fallen Angel, a killer, no longer a Fallen. She had failed her father; she had failed Remiel and all of her other siblings. Lane stood up, feeling weak and tired. She turned around to look at the Fallen who had taken her wings. He was handsome, with black hair, olive skin, and blue eyes. He was looking at her with wonder. She saw something on his neck and she craned her neck to see. She tensed and backed up, trying to get as far away from him as possible. He looked at her confused, than he must have seen the fear and hatred in her eyes and his own became hard and emotionless.

 "You're a Fallen Demon, aren't you?" Her voice was hard, she was mad, but not at him. She was mad at herself for letting herself fall into temptation, why had she done it? She hadn't been thirsty, but she had become angry too quickly, too easily. Something was wrong with her. Maybe after ten years of being a Fallen, she had changed, let the evil that was half of her take over. Maybe her Father had given up on her.

 "Of course I am, and you are a Fallen Angel." The man was very calm about it, but she saw his jaw twitch. He was angry, mad that she had over reacted. A Fallen Demon was a demon that had done a good deed, so they were sent from hell to earth to decide where they wanted to be, to live among humans.

 "I didn't mean to overreact, I just haven't seen a Fallen Demon in a few years, and it wasn't a good experience." The man's eyes warmed a little and he arched an eyebrow. He looked better when he wasn't looking at her with cold eyes, but instead with the warm midnight blue eyes. She frowned, why was she noticing his eyes? She wasn't looking for a man, they were unreliable and they caused heart break.

 The corner of the man's mouth twitched, "You are an angel, and by your reaction, I’m guessing you didn't apologize to him."

 "Well, he attacked me first, so I didn't think he needed an apology." Lane gasped in pain as her arm began to burn. She felt the world become dark, and knew she was about to pass out or lose control. Either way, she needed to get somewhere safe. She went to spread her wings and cried out. The pain from that caused the blackness to quicken. She felt her eyes flutter closed and knew the darkness had taken her.

Nybbas

Nick caught the Fallen Angel before she could fall, and she was feather light in his arms. She was unconscious, probably from the pain of losing her wings. But she had gasped in pain and grabbed her arm before that. Nick gently laid her onto the ground and looked at her arm. There was a burn mark the size of a golf ball on her arm, and it was black. Nick cursed, than he picked her up and transported both of them to the nearest Fallen hospital. It was in the next state, and it looked closed and abandoned. But Nick knew better, he had visited this place enough when he had first become a Fallen to know they looked like this all the time so humans didn't happen to wander in. He knocked on the door, and it opened instantly, revealing a beautiful woman with black hair and blue eyes.

 "Nick, what you are-" She stopped when she noticed there was a woman in his arms. "Take her to the nearest room and lay her down, I’m going to ask you some questions while Jonas checks her vitals. What is wrong with her?" Nick walked to the nearest room and laid her down, than he spoke to the woman.

 "She has a burn mark on her arm, probably from another Fallen's blood getting on her. She also had her wings cut, and she lost a lot of blood."

The woman stopped what she was doing, "She lost her wings tonight? Did you do it or was it someone else?"

Nick looked to her, the beautiful angel who was lying on the hospital bed being hooked up to an IV and antibiotics. "I did it; I found her drinking an innocent.” When he saw the look of disgust cross the nurse’s face, he quickly defended the angel. “But she was feeling remorse, she asked me if I was there to do it and she never fought me over it. I think the blood got into her system and made her lose control over herself momentarily. I don't think it was her fault, she was the victim in this."

 The nurse gave Nick a look of amazement, "Nick I have known you for a long time," She grinned wickedly," And never once have I seen you care so much or defend a woman, an angel at that."

Nick frowned," Ever since I fell, I have been different. She is just another woman to me, and she has done something wrong, but it's not her fault, and I will not let Lucifer take her because of an accident."

The nurse frowned, "Okay, well Kyan is in the room with her now, I’m going to have to ask you to leave. You know the doctor will take good care of her. I’ll make sure he knows you are worried about her so he is extra careful.”

 Nick nodded, knowing she would talk to her husband about it anyway. She was a very reliable person, and he trusted her. She was the only Demon he trusted to handle the Angel. With that, Nick left, out into the shadows of the night to hunt.