Chapter 5

Nybbas                

Nick stilled above her, what was he doing? She was beneath him and she was probably now afraid of him. Great job, you bloody fool. Nick frowned, than he stood up and pulled her up with him. She landed right in his arms, and she seemed shocked when he pulled her into his embrace. Well, angel, I’m as confused as you are, he thought. He felt her tense in his arms, than she visibly relaxed. What was going on here? Why did he care about this Fallen? Why did here care about any female? Why did he care at all? Nick frowned as he noticed her bewildered brown eyes staring at him, not with disgust or hatred or anything he was used to. No, she was looking at him with wonder, with amusement. He let her go and stepped away from her. He rubbed his neck, feeling his tattoo raise at the encounter.

  He nearly snarled in revulsion. He hated that thing, as much as he used to take pride in it. He had a special tattoo, one even his Prince had admired. He had got it doing one of the most evil things he had ever heard of, and he regretted it. It gave him nightmares every night, and left this feeling in his chest. One he didn't want. He used to be a feared demon in Hell; everyone respected him and listened to him out of fear. He had brought the other beings' worst nightmares to life, and the thing he liked most, he was involved in a lot of them. Nick used to smile at this fact, now he just felt disgusted.

 "Nick, what am i doing here?" Lane's voice was soft; she seemed to be able to tell he was angry at the moment. To know he was on the verge of becoming enraged. Nick took a deep breath, fighting to calm down. He didn't want to hurt her, he had brought her here to help heal her and keep her safe.

  Laneene

Lane was confused with Nick's emotions, and she knew that the name he had given her seemed wrong, it didn't fit him. But she wouldn't push; pushing normally got her in trouble. She was curious though, and she knew she would have to find out more about this specific Fallen Demon. Her curiosity was part of the reason she had been dropped from heaven...

She shook her head, pushing away those thoughts. She had gotten over that, she had moved on and now she had to focus on herself. Where was she? What was she doing here? Why was this demon helping her? And more importantly: What was wrong with her?

 Nick's eyes were glazed over; he was seeing something from the past. And by his expression, he didn't like it. She turned around and looked around the room. There were bloody bandages and a bloody shirt lying on the floor next to the bed she had woken in. She could smell the blood, it was her own.

 She stiffened, did the demon cut her? Did he want her blood for some ritual? She grimaced; she was judging him too harshly. Maybe it was blood from her arm, or from when the doctor decided to cut her arm open. What had that doctor been doing cutting into her arm anyway? Who had given them the right to drug her and cut her? Had they know about the Fallen blood in her system, was that it? If so, who told them? Lane sighed, too many questions and not enough answers.

She walked over to the bloody bandages and shirt; she threw the bandages away and searched the house until she found his washer and dryer, than she took the shirt into the bathroom and soaked the shirt in cold water, sighing when the water turned a dark pink. After throwing the clothes she found into the washer, she sat down on the floor and placed her head in her hands. Her father really did hate her now; she was foolish to believe otherwise. From now on, all she had was herself. When the time to choose came, she would choose herself.

She looked down at her arm and sneered. That stupid Fallen Angel had gotten her blood on her, and now it was healing which meant the blood was in her system. It was poison to her, and for the next month she would be uncontrollable. Her emotions wouldn't be hers. She would feel things she had never felt, or she would feel one emotion so strong she couldn't help but follow it. Normally, that was anger. She needed someone to help her through it. She hated to, but she knew she needed to stay with someone for the next month, someone stronger than or as strong as her. She didn't have friends, no one who she could call on. Lane shook her head, it was so not fair. She felt a hand touch her shoulder and she jumped and turned around, kicking her leg out and knocking her opponent’s legs out from beneath them. There was a growl, than she was pulled down to the floor.