Chapter 25

The demon laughed, a deep masculine  sound that reverberated throughout the entire area, causing Lane to sneer and chills to travel up her spine. She didn’t know what he was finding humorous, but her hand itched to wipe the smirk off of his face.

Heat seemed to fill the room as her flames seemed to grow even bigger than before, making it seem as if the shadows in the room were actually moving. She watched them with fascination, enjoying the way they seemed to dance along to floor and the walls. They seemed to be alive, thriving in the light that Lane’s body was providing, even as they seemed to be trying to get away from it.

Lane felt something urging her forward, forcing her to draw on the powers she could feel surrounding her, making her flames brighter, hotter, causing the shadows to shrink, until there was nothing left of them. She felt as if she could hear them scream as the vanished in the light she was providing.

Death is nothing more than you make it, and it’s time for me to make Death fun once more. It’s been so long since i’ve been set free, and able to do what I was made to do. Now that i’m back, i’m going to make them pay for ever locking me up, and they will never do that to me again. I’ll make sure of that.

The words were like a whisper through Lane’s mind, as if they were her own words, though she knew they were not. She could feel another presence inside of her, it was a heaviness in her body, and her mind, that caused her to feel weightless, as if she was floating.

Something was wrong, this wasn’t right at all. What was going on with her? It felt as if she was being pushed out of her own body.

It’s called possession you stupid mortal. I’m taking control of your body, and i’ll be using your form to show all those who did me wrong, what kind of mistake they made. You will end up giving up soon enough, i’m stronger than you, so you might as well just let go now.

Lane shook her head, she refused to give in to this demon that was trying to control her. She was an Angel, a Little Sister, the daughter of Raphael and Amore, and the sister of Remiel, Zachriel, and Uriel.. she wouldn’t let a demon take possession of her. She was stronger than that.

 She felt the heaviness in her body getting stronger and Lane closed her eyes, envisioning herself pushing back against this wall of blackness that was trying to close in around her. She fought against the pressure in her mind, forcing the demon back the best that she could. She could feel the demon’s hold on her beginning to weaken slightly, but that’s when she felt a sharp pain radiating from her ribs.

Lane looked down and saw something that looked remarkably like a corporal shadow sticking into her side, like a dagger. Lane growled, a sound that came from the demon inside of her.

Though Lane was still fighting an internal battle, her and the demon were both on agreeance that whoever had harmed her deserved death, even if they didn’t agree on the form of death the attacker would get.

That weak demon deserves a slow and painful death, where I get to use my powers and remember how to use them. He’d be a perfect subject for it, since he himself likes to cause pain that fuels my powers, strengthens them.