Chapter 18

Alright, for me to upload the next chapter I want atleast five votes. Pleeeease? Thanks guy! :)

And now for the next chapter...

   There was light illuminating the room, and Lane had a few seconds to check out the room. There was a white couch placed back against a wall. There was a round, wooden table with four matching chairs placed around it. The kitchen was small, and had a breakfast bar with two stools sitting in front of it.

What caught Lane's attention was the bay windows, which had two men standing in front of it.

The first man had curly brown hair and sapphire blue eyes, his nose was slightly crooked. He had a sculpted body and a chiseled face. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, no shoes, and a white shirt that seemed to make the color of his eyes darker. He was about 6'4'', and the way he held himself showed he was a proud Angel.

She knew instantly who that was: Remiel. The man standing next to him was her Mark, and as soon as she saw him she felt something.

It wasn't something that she could explain. She didn't remember ever feeling this as an Angel, and definitely not as a Demon.

It felt as if something had exploded in her body, causing immense heat. There was something, some force, pulling her to the other man.

He had ocean blue eyes, which had a ring of silver surrounding them. Lane found that oddly appealing. He had an olive complexion, and black hair that was down to his shoulders. He looked to be 6'2'', and he had a muscular build that came from practice and training with weapons daily.

He was wearing a pair of sweatpants and no shirt, which gave Lane an amazing view of his chest. There was a scar which went from his collar bone down his chest all the way to his hip.

She was curious as to how he got that scar. It didn't mar his beauty though, if anything it added to it.

He was looking at her as if she was a ghost. Lane could sense shock and longing radiating from his body, and he stepped forward.

She waited, she was anxious and nervous. She wanted him to reach her, she wanted to feel his touch. But she also didn't want him anywhere near her, she didn't know what she was feeling and she didn't trust it.

"Laneene," The voice was deep, and to Lane it was seductive. The way her Mark said her name, it sent shivers down her spine.

What the hell was going on?

"What are you doing here?" The voice that spoke didn't belong to her Mark. It snapped her out of the trance she had been in. Her eyes snapped to Remiel, and they narrowed in anger.

How dare he speak to her? Not even that, he had sounded cold and his question hadn't showed any sort of affection at all.

This was the brother she knew, that bastard who had wanted her dead since birth.

"Don't you recognize me, brother." She spat the word, disgust and hatred evident in her voice. The last he had seen her, she was an Angel. Now, she was a demon. She would show him just how she had changed as she shoved her dagger through his black heart.

*****

Nick(Nybbas)

He couldn't breathe. Everything in his body had stopped, even his thoughts were quiet for once.

She was here, Laneene was here. His Chosen, his Mate.. whatever she was considered now.. was here., in front of him.

She was beautiful, albeit different. Her eyes, which used to be brown, were now golden with a ring of black surrounding them. Her honey blonde hair had a streak of black that seemed to have fallen out of the perfect bun she had put it up into. A black cloak was covering a leather corset and leather pants, which were matched with a pair of black boots that laced up the front.

Her skin was darker now, not pale anymore it seemed to have a slight tan to it. Her scent was different as well. Before she had smelled like fresh apples, but now... Now she smelled like oleander, the toxic plant. It was dangerous, but it smelled amazing.

He watched as her eyes narrowed into slits at Remiel, the iris was engulfed by black and he could sense her power radiating off of her in waves. It was in short bursts, it was as if she was hiding the rest of her power.

He heard the sheathing of a sword, and then Lane was holding a silver katana. The sword's edges were made of gold, and Nick was impressed with the weapon in front of him. It was a piece of art, and it was useful against demon and angels alike.

Why was she holding the sword? Did she... did she plan to kill them?

It seemed as if all of her anger was aimed towards Remiel at the moment, but Nick had no idea why she would hate her brother so much.

Was it true? Was she a demon now?

"Of course I recognize you Laneene, but you are also much different than you were the last time I saw you." Remiel spoke, and Nick could detect his joy at seeing his sister, as well as shock and trepidation.

Lane smiled, showing off a set of razor-sharp fangs. Nick watched as her grip on the sword tightened, and then blue bolts of power began to jump off of it.

Was that...?

Lane was using her powers to cover the sword in sparks of electricity, which would shock an enemy long enough to kill them.

It was an impressive skill, but one that took a large amount of power. The only being he had ever seen that had a power like that had been...

Lucifer himself.

There was no way. Was there? Could Lucifer himself had changed Laneene, his little angel, into a demon?

If so, that meant she had unimaginable power. 

It also meant she was one of Lucifer's attack dogs, which he sent out to kill beings who he didn't like or who were in his way.

"Of course I have. I'm a demon now Remiel, changes tend to happen. I'm still me though, just stronger and more willing to fight back." She looked faraway for a second before her attnetion snapped back to them. "You can't hurt me anymore Remiel, I won't let you."

Lane raised her hand and Nick watched as a blue orb of electricity filled her palm, and looked at Remiel with a smirk. 

There was a bright light that filled the room, causing Nick to cover his eyes, and when he opened them Lane was once again gone.