Chapter 17

Laneene

Lane snarled, unable to control herself. She felt her fingernails digging into her palms as she clenched her fists.  Her teeth grew into fangs, piercing her lip. Lane felt a stinging sensation, and she licked her lip, tasting the sulphury flavor of her own blood.

All demons had the same flavor blood, it was used to help indicate between a Demon and an Angel. Angels' blood was completely opposite, their blood tasted very sweet, and depending on the person is what it would taste like. To some, it would remind them of flower, to others it would be fruit, and to some it would be desserts.

Another cruel curse put upon the demons: when a demon shared blood with a human, it killed them, when an angel shared blood it would save the human, cure them of all illnesses, and give them a few more years of life each time.

It was just one more reason for Lane to hate the Angels, and her "Father". Even the thought of that evil bastards name made her skin crawl, he may have created her,  but he was no father to her.

Pushing those thoughts to the back of her mind, Lane focused on the task ahead. She walked to the front door, disguising herself so that no one but other Demons could see her.

She knew no Demon would speak up, they all knew her by now, she had become as well know as the Demon of Fear himself, just her name made Demons tremble.

Lane smirked, she loved the look of fear mixed with respect she got wherever she went. Actually, she was looking forward to seeing the fear on her Mark's face, as well as Remiel's face, as she tortured them. Nothing would ever be able to satisfy her more.

   As she walked through the doors, she felt a surge of power sweep over her. She easily dismissed it, as it was only a simple detection ward. She was disguised, and she had learned over the years how to strengthen her disguise so that even her power was hidden from those she didn't want to notice it.

She took the steps one at a time, preparing herself. She would keep her disguise, as not to alert any of the other tenants of her arrival, and she would put a sound barrier would the apartment, so nothing would be heard. She planned on taking Nybbas down quickly, to get him out of the way. Lucifer had warned her many years ago about his one weakness, so she knew how to destroy him.

Ah but Remiel, she planned on having fun with him. Her sword was strapped to her back, and she could feel the energy pulsing from it, as well as the knives and daggers strapped to her thighs, and in her boots. 

All her weapons, per her own request, were infused with her own magic. It could not be turned on her in a fight, but when she striked, it would cause ten time the pain and damage to her opponent.

She could feel the presence of her Mark behind the to her right, a gift given to her by Lukiam, a Demon that could control the elements. Lane had run into him a few times during her missions, and each time he seemed as if he knew her. He would study her, and she would catch him with his mouth open, as if he was going to say something, but then seemed to change his mind. 

  Lane closed her eyes, she was getting way off track with her thoughts. She needed to think about what she was going to do.

Kill them, bathe in their blood. Laugh at their pain. A voice whispered, as if in her ear. It was her Power, the Pain inside her. It craved pain, blood, and death. 

It was time to open the door. It looked to be an old door, but Lane could sense it was newer than it seemed, it was also reinforced, and had many different locks and dead bolts attached to it. The person who owned this apartment was either very paranoid, or extremely smart.

She placed her hand on the metal handle, and she felt a jolt travel throughout her body. Instantly she felt a pouding sensation in her skull.

Lane tried to move her hand from the knob, but she realized it was stuck. She jerked her hand back, but that only resulted in a sharp pain in her shoulder. Why was her hand stuck?