Chapter 12

Laneene

Lane couldn't believe it. As she stared open-mouthed at her captor, her heart stopped and she was incapable of speech.

Her own brother had kidnapped her? He had her locked in some sort of cell with silver chains? No, this didn't make any sense to her. Remiel wouldn't do this to Lane, she would his Little Sister!

Demon's saw it as a weakness, but female Angels were actually rare, and when they were born, they were always the last child to be born. When a female angel was born(yes they were born, not made) she usually tended to have more than one brother, and the brothers would become highly protective over her. Female Angels were they only way that new Angels could be made, so what happened would be that the older brothers would protect, cherish, spoil, and pretty much take care of their little sister until her Chosen came along, at which time they would relinquish the job over to her Chosen. She would then choose the time when she was ready to become a mother, and she would leave the battlefront to become a full-time mother.

It was the way their world worked, though it was an out-of-date tradition in her opinion, Lane never said anything. She had assumed she would be the same way, Little Sister's were given the job of Soul Collectors, or Life Givers. Soul Collectors meant they would go to Earth to collect the soul of those who passed out, who were meant for Heaven. They would escort them to their own personal Guides, where they would learn their way. As Life Givers, they would be given the oppurtunity to save the life of a human, as long as they were not given specific orders not to interfere with the death of the human. It was extrememly rare for a Little Sister to be cast out of Heaven, there as always the possibility of it driving thier Big Brother's mad, for they were not able to protect their Little Sister from harm like they wanted to.

"What's wrong Little Sister, you look upset. Didn't expect to see me here, did you?" There was an obvious hatred in his voice, and it sent chills down Lane's spine.

Her Big Brother had never spoken to her like that before, where was this coming from?

"Remiel, what am i doing here?" Her voice sounded timid, even to her. She had always been afraid of her older brother, because he had been the one who seemed to despise her. Zachriel had once told her that since Remiel was only a few years older than her, he had vied for his older brother's attention but it all went to Laneene, so he was hostile toward her.

She hadn't seen the fairness in it, but she had understood why he felt the way he felt. He had never spoken to her about any of that though. Remiel was a quiet type, her was An Archangel and a Big Brother, on top of the fact he was also a Guide for the Lost Souls, the ones who were sent to neither Hell nor Heaven. He would help them find their way, to settle thier business before moving on. It was a difficult yet important job, since there was only one Guide for the Lost Souls.

The Angel smiled, his perfect white teeth seemed to shine in the darkness surrounding her. His chiseled features, and slightly crooked nose accentuated his masculinity, as well as his muscular body. Her brother had curly brown hair and sapphire blue eyes, which had always confused her. They were supposed to be siblings, so why did they not look alike?

"You are about to go through the Shift Laneene. You are a danger to not only humans, but Fallen, Angels, and Demons as well. You should have known Dad wouldn't let you be around his precious humans."

Lane frowned, that didn't sound like Remiel, at all. He had never spoken ill about the humans before. He cares about the humans about as much as their Father did.

"I've been able to control myself so far. I've had help Remiel." The Archangel smirked at Lane, making red flags go off in her head. Something wasn't right here. The being standing in front of her wasn't her brother.