Chapter 8

Nybbas

Something was off, Nick could smell it. It wasn’t like when he walked into the club and the scent of alcohol and sex nearly overwhelmed him, this was different, tangier. A woman walked up to him and rubbed against him, she smelled like alcohol and cheap perfume. Nick shook his head and pushed her away, “I’m not here for sex.” He practically growled at her, she pouted, but walked away. Nick wasn’t lying, he wasn’t here for sex. He was here to keep Lane safe, and to make sure she didn’t do anything stupid. Nick stood there for half an hour, making sure no one followed Lane and the man down the hall, and he was starting to get frustrated. It was then that lane came down the hall, alone. Her eyes were glassy and when she looked at him, Nick could see the blood on her throat. It had revolted him as he saw the fangs in her mouth and the blood that was there. She had shared blood with that man, and she looked as if she had enjoyed it. Lane’s face went blank and she quickly walked down the rest of the hall and past him. She walked out onto the dance floor and Nick lost sight of her in the crowd.

Nick pushed past people and moved around the crowd, looking for Lane. He still couldn’t find her, even using his scent. She must have hid her scent, knowing he would follow her. What happened back there? Nick turned and walked back into the crowd, and followed to the hall. He walked into the hall, following Lane’s scent, until it ended on the other side of a door. He opened the door and walked in.

The room was dimly lit, but he could see as if it was lit normally. There was a large bed, along with a couch and a door which probably led to a full bathroom with a hot tub. What caught his attention was the man lying in the bed. He was asleep, and laying under the covers. His chest was bare, and if the clothes lying around the floor were any indication, he was also bare under the covers.

Nick felt his teeth sharpen and he growled. The last person to be in this room was Lane, and the room smelled like blood and sex. The man sat up and looked at him, his eyes were a gray, and he arched an eye brow. “May I help you?”

Nick growled at the sound of pride and contentment in his voice. This man had touched Lane, and he wanted to kill him. Nick looked at the man, and in front of his eyes, the man’s teeth sharpened into fangs and his eyes became a light brown.

“What are you?” Nick said; his voice little more than a growl. He could feel the wolf in him stir, and he ignored it, because If he let the beast out, than he would kill Lane’s informant. Lane knew what she was doing when she slept with him; Nick had no reason to be upset. She was an assassin, one of the best, so she knew how to protect herself.

The man shrugged, “A vampire, nothing more nothing less. Now I think you should leave, I’m tired and don’t feel like killing you for bothering me.”

Nick growled, “Did you sleep with her, the Angel?” Nick’s voice was deep, a rumble in his chest warned him he was going to growl and he tamped down on the urge.

The man frowned, “You need to leave.” Nick growled, that was all the answer he needed. He turned around and walked out the door and the club, ignoring the anger and betrayal he felt. He couldn’t help but feel the need to kill something, so that’s what he was going to do. 

As Nick ripped the Night Demon’s heart out, all he could think about was that man touching Lane, his Angel. He never wanted to feel like this again, no matter what it took, he never would.

                Laneene

Lane walked to her apartment, quickly, but she stumbled more than she walked. She was disoriented, but more relaxed than she had been in a long time. She couldn’t believe what she had done; she never should have gone to the club. She promised herself she wouldn’t let her anger or blood lust overwhelm her. Never thought you would be overwhelmed with lust, now did you? She said bitterly to herself. Worse, was she had known it had strengthened the bond with Louie, and that Nick knew what had happened. He had looked at her with fear and revulsion when she walked out, and she couldn’t stand to be around him. She had needed to be alone for a little bit.