❧seven: rings of saturn

Start from the beginning

"Oh, and Felix."

The Australian spun on his heels to face the older boy, only to have his back pushed against the wall and his hands pinned above his head. Smirking, the raven haired boy seemed satisfied with the reaction.

"I think that was less than ten seconds," he commented, "I win."

If he moves his face any closer to mine, the blonde gulped, his lips are going to touch mine.

But, just like it had happened so quickly, Changbin was sure to not tease the younger boy for too long. He released his grip on the taller boy's wrists and stepped away from him, allowing Felix to peel himself off the wall.

Why do those actions seem so. . . Familiar to me? Felix asked himself.

The Australian's eyes lingered on Changbin for a few seconds too long for it to be considered normal. The raven haired boy noticed, but he didn't say anything about it. Mostly because he didn't mind the younger boy's gaze. In a way, he liked it. It made him feel like Felix's undivided attention was all on him, and he relished in it.

Maybe he's remembering something, Changbin hoped, mentally crossing his fingers for a yes to that.

"I-I think we should light some candles," Felix stated, finally ripping his eyes off the older boy.

"That's a good idea," Changbin nodded.

It seemed to be getting darker by the minute, and that made Felix feel increasingly uncomfortable despite Changbin's presence. Darkness didn't necessarily scare him, at least, not in a traditional way. It wasn't the darkness in itself that scared him, but the feelings that it placed in his chest. The feelings of loneliness and isolation; like nobody would ever care if he were to simply disappear. He didn't like those feelings, and the darkness always reminded him of them, so he did his very best to avoid it. He liked to stay in the light because it reminded him that there truly was hope out there on the horizon. He wasn't alone...People would miss him if he were gone...The light simply snuffed out all the bad thoughts that the darkness instilled within him, and he felt safe within the light in ways he'd never feel in the darkness.

"That's quite the collection of scented candles," Changbin noted as Felix opened up a cabinet that was specifically used for the housing of all of his aunt's scented candles.

Anything from chocolate, to apples and cinnamon, to sugar cookie dough, to melon.

"My aunt is kind of obsessed with them," Felix stated.

"I understand why," Changbin noted as he grabbed the cinnamon bun scented candle off the top shelf, "this smells like heaven."

"I'll leave the scents up to you then," Felix laughed, watching as the raven haired boy plucked candle after candle out of the cabinet and gave a review of every last one of their scents.

"This one is really good. It smells like lemons," Changbin noted.

"It's labeled as lemon meringue, so I guess they hit the nail on the head with that one," Felix replied.

"Definitely," the raven haired boy nodded before continuing on.

"This one smells really sweet," he stated, "but this says it's watermelon. I swear, I don't think I've ever had a watermelon that smelled like straight up sugar."

"Do either of those things really have a distinct scent?" Felix inquired.

"Don't question my nose, blondie," Changbin joked, placing the watermelon candle to the side.

"Sorry, sorry, it totally slipped my mind that you're the resident scented candle expert around here," Felix joked.

The younger boy put his hands up in surrender, watching as the older moved onto the next candle.