Damian Wayne x Reader-[Thunderstorm]

I heard the rumble of thunder as I was about to go to sleep. But it just woke me up from my half and half sleep state.

I looked at the window, but, stupidly couldn't see what was happening as the curtains were closed. However I could hear it, the taps of heavy rain against the window, the rumble of the thunder, the occasional crack of lightning would always make me jump.

Eventually, when I was sick of listening to the storm I threw my blanket of off me and quickly climbed out of bed.

I walked over to the window and sat on the floor, right in front of the giant window. The curtain found its way around me and I was now hidden away from the world, or in my case, the boys and Bruce.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. The door opened but I didn't pay any attention to it.

"L/N?" I hear Damian call.

"In the curtain." I say quietly, but loud enough so that Damian can hear me.

I hear a squeak of the floor board as Damian walks closer to the window. I presume her was on the other side of the room.

I feel a shift in the curtain against my back as Damian moves it to see me. I looked up at him and he looked down on me.

Crack.

Lightning lit up my room for a second and I could see his face. Emotionless. As per usual.

Damian came and sat with me.

We sat in silence for a good few minutes, just watching the beauty of the thunderstorm. Listening to the thunder. Watching the rain gracefully fall onto the floor. Looking for the occasional crack of lightning in the night sky.

"L/N? Have you ever been in love with someone?" Damian asked me.

"I have, once, but he turn out to be a back stabbing jerk. Literally." I said with a sigh, "Why do you ask?"

I looked at him, his knees had been brought up towards his chest, his chin fitting perfectly into the dip between them, his face, he looked upset, like something was bothering him.

He looked at me and his face went back to being how it normally is.

Emotionless.

Damian let out a sigh before saying, "Because I care about someone, a lot, and I don't want to see them get hurt, I want them to be safe."

Damian shift position so that he is sitting with his legs crossed.

"Damian," I said with sympathy, knowing how he felt, "Well I care about someone very, very much and I don't like seeing them get hurt, so I give them space. That way, I don't have to see them get hurt."

"L/N?" Damian looked as me with concern.

I then felt a single tear roll down my cheek and down the bridge of my nose, before dropping off and falling on the floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked moving slightly closer towards me, but still remained in his cross legged seating arrangement.

I slightly moved away, thinking about all the times he got hurt, the amount of times I've cried, not knowing if he would live or died.

At this point I sobbing and Damian was awkwardly sat there not really knowing what to do. He doesn't normally deal with things like this, it's normally Dick or Tim, but they're asleep.

Damian moved next to me and pulled me towards his body, he gently rested my body on his. Giving me a side hug in an act of comfort.

"What's wrong?" Damian asks, once I calmed down enough to speak.

"I-it's just, I can't, I can't watch people I care for go out at night, get seriously hurt, and then come home a complete reck. Not knowing if they with die or not. I don't like seeing people get hurt, especially the ones i love, especially you." I ranted.

Damian didn't know what to say, no one had ever seen me like this, and that's if they see me at all. I stay secluded in my room, away from it all.

Eventually I calmed down and started to fall sleep, after a really long comfortable silence.

I feel Damian move and soon enough he was carrying me, to god knows were.

~*~
A/N:
Part 2?

Don't forget to follow me, vote and leave a request.