Still scrambled by the brute hit to her head, El dizzily rose from the floor and straightened her back. She wasn't skilled in combat the way Violet was, but for nine years she had been trained to endure and she wasn't about to let herself be beaten down now when she'd faced so much worse.

A familiar buzz began to circulate in her veins and El drew it out like a tangible object. A spark of light flickered in the palm of her hands before bursting into a blinding beam of amethyst. Violet shot a hand up to her eyes and her triumph visibly receded. With a little rise of the corner of her lips, El beckoned her forward.

Her arrogance spurred an enraged Violet past her momentary shock and she lunged. The red-hot wire grazed El's cheek and she repulsed at the contact and grabbed the first thing in her reach. The handful of Violet's hair in her grip burned in her palm releasing a stench that watered their eyes. Violet screamed and the look of fear on her face held a power over El that she wished it didn't.

It was the same way Stiles had looked at her earlier. The split second of distraction was more than enough as Violet struck and her boot sunk into El's abdomen.

"You can't do it," Violet threw her head back and laughed mockingly. The chunk of brown hair missing from her head left behind fried ends that still continued to sizzle with wisps of smoke. She picked at them with a rejuvenated sense of vengeance emanating in her dark eyes. "You're too afraid to be the monster you truly are."

Violet loomed over her with a wicked grin, any traces of the fear El had seen before were gone. She wondered if it had truly been there at all because for someone so vicious she couldn't imagine she was capable of it. "It's too bad I'm not."

El pressed herself against the wall as much as she could to escape the burning wire as it neared her. Her eyes squeezed shut awaiting the blazing pain, but as footsteps echoed in the hallway the heat she felt against her face vanished leaving behind a warmth in her cheeks.

Her breath came out in shaky breaths as cool, hands gently cupped her face careful to avoid the slash that stretched from her cheek bone down to her nose. "You're bleeding," Scott's voice was a low snarl and she gripped his jersey tightly in her fists as he lifted her from the floor. "Where is she?"

Suddenly, he jerked away and El stumbled, hands grasping to reach him as the thermal cut wire sliced deep into his neck. She clawed at it desperately trying to peel the wire from his flesh while simultaneously trying to ignore the scorching pain in her own fingers. "He said we shouldn't try, but now I've got you. I've got an alpha," Violet cried in a frenzied excitement.

Scott pushed El back with one shove of his hand and she watched the primal shift in his appearance, instantly entranced by the scarlet glow of his eyes. Low, dangerous growls rumbled from deep in his throat as he pulled the wire from his skin unaffected by its searing heat. His own power radiated off him in thick waves and El felt it fill the room and settle over her skin like a thick oil.

Pinned by Scott's sweltering gaze, the victory Violet wrongfully claimed melted from her face as he lifted up with a steel grip on her throat. Her legs flailed as she tried to touch the floor just beneath her feet in attempt to replenish her burning lungs.

All her movement ceased in the next second as the back of her head banged against the cement wall behind her. Scott released his hold around her neck and her body dropped limply to the floor like a sack of stones. He took several deep breaths to reign in his animal presence before turning to look at her. When he did his eyes were no longer glowing and the power in the air had pulled back.

El's gaze fell to her feet under his apparent disapproval towards her actions. She wasn't in the mood to be chastised. Before he could reprimand her as she expected he would, their attention was grasped by someone approaching from the hallway.