Kuroko Tetsuya

-Future Winnie here! This has been completely re-written! 17/8/2016.-

  The girls around you bustle with activity and energy as they surround you with multiple different beauty products in your hand. You are in a robe and your make-up crew decides to get to work 2 hours before the actual event that you are about to star in. Apparently it will actually take that long to get ready. Your heart hasn't stopped beating from last night, and you barely got a wink of sleep from nervousness. The fact that you're on your way to get married, it's still very surreal to you.

"Oh my god. I'm so scared." you breath out deeply and fan yourself to avoid sweating away all the hard work done on your face.

"You would be strange if you didn't feel that way." (Your Best Friend's Name) chirps reassuringly. "Now chin up, you're going to be fine." 

"I hope so. I'd hate to embarrass myself in front of Kuroko." you sigh a little dejectedly at the thought of doing something to ruin the party.

"Trust me, (Your Name). You've done all the embarrassing things you can think of on bachelorette night." she remarks and you almost spin around so fast to ruin your fancy hairdo.

"Oh god, I don't remember anything at all!" you whimper.

"Well of course you don't, you were bloody drunk." she laughs again before motioning towards the mirror in front of you. "You look stunning, (Your Name)."

  At that moment, there is a knock at the door and as you stand to open it, the other girls clamour to do it first. They are all superstitious about the groom seeing the bride at the alter, so they've been trying to keep Kuroko out for hours. He's never really one to be persistent, but he tries again and again at least once every hour. It annoys the rest of the crew, but you cannot help but smile as you feel him lean against the heavy door.

"Please, (Your Name). Let me see you just once, I really miss you." he whispers through the cracks of the door and you stifle another giggle.

"Tetsu, be patient okay?" you reassure him and you hear Kagami rushing over to grab his best friend before dragging him along with him.

"For fuck's sake, Kuroko! You'll see her in like thirty minutes, so stop making me redo your hair from messing it up!"

  It quietens down again and you all settle down for once. The eery silence makes your heart pound, and you are not the only one who's panicking. Your bridesmaids seem to be holding in their happy tears for you, and you struggle not to break down either. You distract yourself by voicing your vows internally, and it soothes you well. You hear a bell chime in the distance, and the Pope's henchmen open the door to announce that it's time. You take your first step in your heels and wrap your arms around your father's arm tightly before being led to the chapel. Your eyes sparkle with the reflection of stained colors on the walls. The paintings shimmer brightly and the sun glimmers through to caress your hair, changing it's color ever so slightly.

  Everything ebbs away as the huge doors creak open to reveal you as a bride. You see Kuroko standing at the end with his hands behind his back respectfully. Maybe it's just you, but you feel his piercing gaze and a noticeable smile creeps on his face. He grows closer and closer until you finally get to see him properly, right in front of you. You lean into your father's shoulder to give him the support to hand you off to a new man. His eyes glisten with tears as he lets Kuroko take your hand instead. You blow him a small kiss as he returns to his designated seat. The priest's words don't even reach your eardrums, as your attention is captured by the only man for you. He holds your hands close to his chest as he leans over you protectively. His perfect lips stoop down to the base of your hairline, and he whispers something that makes your heart stop completely.

"You look so beautiful, (Your Name)."