Kuroko Tetsuya

-Future Winnie here! This has been edited! 9/8/2016-

Kuroko has been your FBI partner as well as your lover. You were assigned to a major crime investigation. The leads all lead to a ware house in Japan. You cock your gun back and arm it.

"You ready?" You put on your bullet proof jacket and went to check on Kuroko.

He seemed to struggle with the straps of the bullet proof jacket.

"Here." I softly clip the straps properly for him.

"Thanks (Your Name)..listen..if something happen out there. I'll protect you." He swipes your cheek affectionately.

"And I'll protect you." I whisper softly and nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck.

"I love you so much." Kuroko wraps his arms around your arm and pulls you close. He kisses you softly on the lips and you savor his sweet lips.

You guys head out and sneak into the warehouse. Your guns in hand, you throw open a door and it falls to the ground with a thud.

"Hands up in the air where I can see them!!!" I yelled and aimed at the scene.

Hostages were lined up against the wall, they were mostly children. Duct tape on their mouths, they try to scream for help with tears streaming down their faces. Your heart dropped at such a horrid sight, but maybe the terrorist wanted you all to be taken aback. It's eerily silent, and you really don't like the sound of silence at a crime scene.

Kuroko goes to untie them, while you have your guard up. Something didn't seem right. You sensed something sneaking up on you, but reacted a little too late. The next moment was still a blur to you. A cold metallic feeling was impaled in between my bullet proof jacket and my skin. That's I realized a knife was stuck in my back. The culprit must've been an experienced one, as they knew where to strike. He located the chinks in your armor flawlessly, and you admit your defeat as the blade is twisted out of your flesh.

"K-Kuroko. Run." You wheeze and fall to your knees, blood trickling down my side as you collapse straight into the hard pavement.

"(Your Name)!!!!" He screams as he starts to run towards you, but you stop him with the look in your eyes as you use the remainder of your sapping energy to twist your arm upward to reveal your sidearm. You quickly pull the trigger efficiently, and feel his body fall beside yours. It's all over, but maybe that's to be said in a more sorrowful demeanor.

  Your lungs burn as you attempt to gasp in as much air as your body let's you. The pain runs its course and you start to feel numb and cold from the blood loss. The thundering of other footsteps echo around you, but you only focus on the beautiful man crouching in front of you. He has his arms around your shoulders, supporting you. But his eyes are brimming with shiny tears and you cough up globs of solidifying vital fluid. You grab his hand tightly as it's the only way to communicate with your lover, and you're ripped away from him instantly and heartlessly.

  It's been a few months since your passing. Kuroko's never been the same ever since the incident. He feels like he couldn't be prevented you from dying, and he blames himself even more for not being able to save you as a man. The case has been closed and dealt with because of your courageous deed. Those kids would've been on the verge of death if it wasn't for you taking action, even if it meant that your life would be in danger. You are deemed a hero, but Kuroko is dissatisfied with what you are left as, a mere memory. You deserved much more recognition for who you truly were, but nobody got to appreciate it but himself.  Kuroko sets down a bouquet of (Your Favorite Flowers) on to the cold slab of stone with your name engraved on it. His tears stream down his cheeks as he places a ring on to your grave before slipping a slightly bigger one through his own ring finger.

It was the ring he wanted to propose to you with, but never got to chance to see it glimmering on your finger.