Kiyoshi Teppei

- Future Winnie here! Deleted half of this story too to rewrite it. God bless my soul.-

You watch your boyfriend Kiyoshi with your hands clasped tightly together. Hanamiya's team has been playing extra dirty throughout this whole game. Soon enough, Kiyoshi is covered in bruises. His arms and legs were taking most of the beatings, but you can tell that some are on his torso and back by the way he probes his upper body. You can also detect a slight limp.Your heart aches for him. You just want to go out there and give him a huge hug and tell him everything is going to be okay. But you know deep down that Kiyoshi is stronger than that. He is known to be the Iron Heart, he wouldn't have that title for nothing.

  Suddenly, Hanamiya snaps his fingers and the next moment, everything went in slow motion. Your eyes don't even have the time to widen as you witness your boyfriend collapsing on to the ground whilst clutching at his leg. You don't even know what happened, everything just flew by so fast. But you definitely saw what Makoto did, and your fists automatically clenched over your fingers in blind anger. You've never seen a team play so dirty before, and it made you sick to your stomach. Your emotions take control of your senses and you bite back a scream and place your hands on your mouth. Your breaths come out jagged and laboured. Everything else fades away, and you can only see him being carried out on the stretcher. His face is contorted with extreme pain, and you cannot bare to watch any longer.

  Everybody else doesn't seem to care. They are shocked for sure, but they quickly settle back into their seats to watch the remainder of the spectacular game. You sit down for a little while to calm your nerves, but you start to feel more anxious as you watch your friends crumble under the worry that Kiyoshi's been fatally injured. Basketball injuries don't happen often, but when they do, it's usually way worse than it looks. You quickly make your way out and ask around until you come across the stadium's infirmary. It's usually quite empty, but today it's bustling with activity as the people who lifted Kiyoshi here begin to upstart him on to the bed. You come in just in time to see Kiyoshi letting out a low groan through his gritted teeth. He's usually strong with his pain tolerance, but it must hurt so much that even he can't bear to take it.

"Kiyoshi." you attempt to call his name out, but your words lose it's strength on it's way out. 

  It barely even reaches Kiyoshi's ear, but he hears you and opens his tightly shut eyes to meet your worried gaze. His first reaction is to greet you with a smile, but it ends up looking forced as the doctor begins to examine his knee. It looks swollen and tender, and Kiyoshi hisses overtime the doctor attempts to move it in any way possible. You peer into his face to realise that his frown only deepens drastically as time passes on.

"This is a very serious injury," he concludes. "He'll need to be taken to a proper hospital to receive treatment."

"What?" you let out a gasp in disbelief, but Kiyoshi reaches out and grabs your hand tightly before giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'll be fine, just go back and watch the game." he attempts to convince you, but you are reluctant to leave his side.

"No, I can't just leave you!" you shake your head violently, but his voice cracks as if he's about to break down himself.

"Please (Your Name), you need to cheer them on in my stead." he whispers and you finally understand where his heart is.

  Even with his body all mangled up, he still cares about his teammates more than anything. You nod at him with tears building up in your tear ducts, and he quickly strokes your cheek before you are rushed out of the infirmary as they get ready to move him to the ambulance. You quickly blow him a small kiss before heading back to the auditorium with a much heavier heart. But you do Kiyoshi's wish justice and cheer on Seirin with all you've got.

"Win for Kiyoshi. You guys have to win for Kiyoshi."