Kagami Taiga

You order a burger at your favorite fast food resturant and sit down with a sigh. Today hasn't been a really good day. Getting yelled at by Coach Masako is tough. It really was your fault for forgetting the towels for the practice match, but she really didn't have to be so harsh about it. Being a manager for a well-known basketball prodigy team has it's perks, but it's also harder than people consider it to be. After enduring long lectures about responsibilities and whatnot, you decide to visit your favourite fast food chain to grab something savoury to nurse your mental wounds. 

  It must've been around dinner time, so the place is packed and there are no seats available. Just as you look around desperately, you spot a man next to the windows eating alone. You're eyes widen at the amount of food he has piled up on his tray, but you also notice his jersey. You've analysed their team before, and supposedly they're supposed to play a match with your school team in the Inter-high. You've heard only great things about them, and maybe he'd be more or less okay with another high school student sitting with him, as you really don't want to have to take your food all the way home. You approach the table timidly, and start to regret your actions when his sharp and intimidating glare reaches you.

"U-um. I'm sorry to be a bother, but there are no seats left." you stutter embarrassingly. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

  His demon-like hair practically radiates intimidation, and you try your best not to stare at his unique double eyebrows. You swallow a nervous lump that gathers in your throat and he continues to chew before looking away with a somewhat dissatisfied expression.

"Do what you want."

  As you start to dig into your meal, you really start to feel uneasy with the way he stares at you. You don't have enough courage to look him in the eye and confront him about it. So you just shrink back and do your thing, praying that he isn't some thug who'd do all sorts of bad things to you. The silent ordeal goes on for some time, until he finally opens his mouth to say something.

"Aren't you from Yosen?" he inquires quite suddenly and you almost choke on your food.

  In fact, you do choke on your food and you start to cough mercilessly. You struggle to wash it down with something, but you realise that you're already out of your soda. The red-head rolls his eyes in annoyance and shoves his plastic cup towards you, and you take it gratefully. You are so desperate, that you just take a long sip without realising that he had been drinking it previously. You almost start to retch again when it dawns on you, and you go beet red as you cover your face.

"What's wrong? Are you actually choking?" he starts to sound like he's in disbelief and he leans over to pat your back with so much strength, that you almost have your eyes popped out. "You're such an idiot."

 You wave him off with a hand before sighing as you swallow your mouthful of fries.

"Yep. I'm a first year at Yosen High." you mumble and you extend a small shaking hand. "It's nice to meet you, my name's (Your Full Name)."

"Mine's Kagami." he shakes your hand roughly before leaning back against his seat.

"Well, Kagami. Thanks for the drink." you bow slightly and he nods.

"Don't worry about it." he murmurs before grabbing his bag to leave. "Well, I guess I'll see you around."

"Y-yeah." you smile awkwardly as you are suddenly struck with the feeling that you'd actually be seeing him again soon.