Murasakibara Atsushi

-Future Winnie here! This has been completely rewritten. Is about to pass out on my keyboard. 12/8/2016-

  Crushing on someone can be a wondrous adventure, but for you, it only feels bittersweet. It's not that easy to grasp your significant other's attention when he's busy looking out for someone else. Murasakibara Atsushi is your classmate, and you've been in love with him since middle school. Thankfully enough, you're fated to get into the same high school as him. But you start to feel like it's a curse, because you have to witness him with his girlfriend every single day. 

  Everytime you see them together, you feel like your heart is wrenching apart inside of you. But you are forced to shut off all emotions associated with your jealousy because you know that it's hopeless to feel that way. So you endure it for as long as you can. Painful years go by with him stabbing into your soul often. But you're only just human, and there is really only so far that you can hide yourself from him. A selfish part of you wants to just steal him away, but reality doesn't work like that. You still have morales and follow the sacred rule of what feels right and what doesn't. You're not going to stoop that low, not even for love. But circumstances have you muddled up when you both end up alone one one summer day.

  After a long day of school, you decide to head up to the roof to see Mursakibara sitting on the ground with a whole plastic bag filled with snacks. It's just a typical day for him, and you find yourself smiling at him, despite everything he's put you through unintentionally. You decide to approach him, and he notices you almost immediately.

"Hey (Your Name)-chin. What are you doing up here?" he inquires normally but still manages to make you blush a little.

"I just needed some fresh air, what about you?" you shrug and he shrugs back.

"Coach told me that I needed to stop binging on snacks during training," he explains. "So I'm eating them here before practice starts."

"That's smart." you comment as you sit down next to him.

"Hey Atsushi?" you bring yourself to raise the question yourself. "What do you think about love?"

"Eh? Love?" he seems a little surprised by the word.

  You nod eagerly and he meets your earnest gaze before returning his stare to the packet of chips in his hand. He reaches in and pops some more into his mouth before chewing as he thinks about it. It's the first time you see him actually focusing on something for more than a minute. He pauses for quite some time before swallowing as he opens his now empty mouth to answer.

"I don't really know what it feels like to love someone, (Your Name)-chin." he whispers a little lowly. "Is it like loving a snack?"

"But don't you have a girlfriend? Don't you love her?" You're taken aback by his answer. Wasn't love the whole point of dating someone?

"I just agreed to date her because she makes yummy baked good for me all the time."

"Atsushi. That's not right at all." you sigh but cannot help but chuckle at his innocence.

"Then what is love supposed to feel like, (Your Name)?" he reflects the question back at you.

"Hmm. I guess it's when you look at someone and your heart just refuses to calm down. It's also when you just feel warm around them. I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense." you giggle as you look up at the clear blue sky.

"I guess I kinda get what you mean." he nods before offering you a beautifully wrapped sweet.

"You do?" you turn to him as you accept it bashfully.

"It's that feeling you get when you want to share your sweets with her right?"