Kise Ryouta

-Future Winnie here! This has been completely rewritten! 16/8/2016.-

  The car hums against your back as you lean against it for some sort of support. Kise's been driving for a few hours, and he's gracious enough to let you rest up until you both get to his old neighbourhood. You've both moved out further into the city, so Kise's been suggesting for ages that you both take a road trip to just visit his hometown. You are thrilled to finally get the chance, but you're also quite nervous about it too. After all, his parents' still lived there, and you were both going to stay over at theirs for a few days. This is going to be your first time meeting them, and you are eager to make a good first impression.

"What are you parents like?" you pop the question as casually as you can, but your voice wavers dangerously.

"They're actually very nice people." he grins as he pats your hand with one hand while driving with the other. "Don't even worry about it, (Your Name)."

"How can I not though, this is very important to me." you sigh dejectedly, totally unconvinced at all.

"Because I'll love you no matter what they say." he grins slightly and you turn to him with an unamused expression.

"That's not the point." you breathe slightly and Kise pretends to be hurt by your words.

"Oh come on, (Your Name)! That's like saying I don't matter." he pouts and your lips raise upwards automatically.

  The scenery around you darkens and the sky surrenders itself to the Moon's command. Driving through the night has always been one of the most calming things for you. Something about being in a moving vehicle while the world sleeps outside just keeps you wanting to do it more. Now that you get to share it with your long-term boyfriend, it's even more satisfying.

"We'll be there in a few hours, (Your Name)." he nods as the car comes to a halt at a rest station. "Do you need to get anything?"

"Just a bottle of water, thanks." you say normally and he gets out of the car to leave you alone for a brief moment.

  You turn up the music with your thumb and lean back against your seat as you shut your eyes again. Your mind wanders again, but you feel a little better about the whole thing once you've confided in Kise himself. He always has that thing about him, he's able to make you feel at ease no matter what the situation is. Just as you start to doze off in your seat, you are ripped away from your sweet slumber when you hear the muffled shots of a gun ring out from inside the convenience store. You spend a split second deciding whether or not to go check it out yourself, before realising that Kise could be in there. Your chest clangs against your chest as you choke back a sob while you dash towards the glass doors. It slides open with a hiss, and you instantly freeze as you see a masked man in front of you.

"(Your Name)!" Kise gasps and you don't even have the time to process anything before you feel something puncture through your chest.

  Almost robotically, your hand stretches out towards your pale partner. You want to call his name, but your lungs burn and hot crimson spurts from your lips. It tastes coppery and metallic, but you're still confused. Everything's just moving so slowly, and it's does not reach your head until you hear the ear-piercing bang. It feels like the energy just sapped straight out of your soul, and your body collapses on to the ground in a heap. Your complexion turns clammy and ghostly while your blood-stained lips turn almost blue, even in this crazy summer. You hear heavy boots bolting towards the exit, and you see a familiar pair of shoes before he crouches down low with a frantic expression. His eyes are brimmed with tears as they trail down his cheeks rapidly.

"Oh my god, (Your Name)!" he shrieks into his hands before staining them with your blood as he starts to apply a hard pressure against your gunshot wound.

  But the stream of blood isn't stopping, and it forms a small pool underneath you as you writhe in pain. Your organs gasp for air, and your teeth are clenched shut against each other from the shock. The only form of communication left for you is your eyes, but your vision slowly grows impaired by the second as darkness threatens to take you. A whirlwind of thoughts rush through your mind at once, but you don't get enough time to process them. Just as quickly as you realised how you are on the verge of death, you're gone. Kise watches as your eyes grow dim and lifeless. His sobs catch in his throat as he attempts to shake you. As that doesn't work, he pumps your chest in hopes that you'll return to him once more. But it is already too late, and he knows it.

"Kise, my boy, I'm so sorry that this happened to you."

"We were looking forward to meeting your wonderful girlfriend." a motherly voice echoes in Kise's ears as he crouches in front of a black and white picture of you. "It's a shame that this happened. She's in a better place, Ryouta."

"We didn't get to be introduced to her, but we can sense that she was an amazing girl."

"Yes, father. She was my amazing girl, but now she's gone."