Kagami Taiga

-Future Winnie here! This has been completely rewritten. Is currently 12:21 am and mentally crying rn. LOL. 11/8/2016-

  The festival is bustling with people of all ages. You feel the unrestrained joy all around you as you walk through the path carved through by the endless stalls. The night is warm, but not too hot either. Occasionally, your yukata would flow to the soft breeze and so did Kagami's. You planned to enjoy this day with the rest of the Seirin team members, but they mysteriously ditch on you and it turns into an unexpected date. You still remember how shy and unapproachable your boyfriend was in the beginning of your relationship. You're just glad that he learnt to open up after a few years. You've been dating since your junior high school days, and now you stand together as seniors. Soon, you'll be on your way to a totally new university. But the thought of being away from your lover really stays pegged at the back of your mind. Kagami's already nailed himself a sturdy position at a sports orientated university, and he'll be departing to America again in a couple of months time.

  You turn around to see him enjoying several bowls of street food and realise that you really will be missing him. It's not just his presence that you'll be away from, it's his energy and soul that you'll miss endearingly. He's the only one for you, but to be parting ways so soon, you're sort of scared that he'll end up growing distant. Maybe Taiga notices something off about your behaviour, and he turns to you to pinch your nose tightly.

"Why are you spacing out like that?" he teases before letting go. "This will be our last festival together, pay more attention to it."

"Sorry Kagami, I was just thinking about how we don't have much time left." you breath out a little dejectedly as you clutch your bag tightly between your hands.

  Your red-haired man says nothing in response to your words, and instead he starts to walk ahead a little. You don't notice that Kagami has done this to stop you from noticing his pained expression. Truth be told, he's been lamenting about it ever since he got the offer. Was the future really worth leaving you behind? The crickets chirp out to their peers as they reinforce the silence to make it more melancholy. Your steps echo through the night, and you peer into the creek beside you to see your reflection staring back. The sky is clear and the stars twinkle hopefully as if they're cheering you on. Kagami turns around to see you admiring something most people would overlook. That's something out of many that he adores about you.

  Just as he pulls on your arm roughly, a sharp hissing sound resonates around you. But you don't get the time to see what the source of the noise is as Kagami's face grows closer to yours. His lips come crashing down on yours with meet with a clumsy kiss. It's a graceless liplock, but you feel the tenderness behind his gesture and give into it fully. Under the flashing fireworks, you share a memorable kiss that you have no choice but to burn into your memories forever.

"We'll always be together, and I will always love you."