Chapter 54: Parting Ways

Harry thought it best not to mention the shadows which had appeared, when he had jumped behind Tom Riddle's tombstone. For some reason, he didn't think the Dark Lord was behind their appearance. If anything, it almost seemed as if they were fighting for him... Could shadows even take sides? Here he was, babbling in his head about the odd necromancy, receiving a rather amused look from Dumbledore, and a rather befuddled, worried expression from his godfather.

"Please do continue, Harry..." Dumbledore gestured for him to resume his story of what had happened in the graveyard. Sirius still looked quite concerned.

The three were in Dumbledore's office at the moment, only a little time after the whole "Barty Crouch Junior" conundrum.

"Well, er-" Harry frowned, "That's when our wands connected... or something. Frankly I'm not quite sure what happened, but-"

"Priori Incantatem" Dumbledore muttered wistfully.

"Isn't that the Reverse Spell effect?" Both Harry and Sirius had jumped at the fourth voice. An invisible voice, from the corner of the room, "That's it! Their wands must be related somehow!"

The headmaster merely laughed as the other two searched desperately for the voice, "Yes, indeed. Ollivander had once informed me that Tom Riddle's wand shares a phoenix feather from the same bird as Harry's wand. Therefore, causing a rebound of some sorts."

It was silent for a few moments. Harry's eyes narrowed to a corner in the room, a corner where the voice seemed to be coming from. In fact, he had recognized it,

"Annabeth!?"

"We just wanted to make sure you were alright, Harry... Sorry..." She had removed her Yankee's cap just as Nico and Thalia sheepishly emerged from their hiding spot behind the doorway.

In attempt to make it less awkward, Nico also shouted towards Sirius, "We know your innocent, by the way..." he then turned towards Harry, "After Percy mentioned it, Annabeth figured you wouldn't be sending letters to your godfather if he was an escaped criminal trying to murder you..."

If anything, it had made the entire circumstance even more awkward.

"Just thought you should know..." Nico mumbled meekly.

"Merlin..." Sirius finally woke from his bewildered state, though he didn't seem too shaken by the demigods' appearances, but was staring at Annabeth's Yankees Cap. He began taking a few steps forward to see the invisibility cap up close, "Is that-"

Annabeth nodded, "It works like Harry's cloak, I guess-" she paused to give Sirius a glare when he tried to reach for her invisibility cap. The wizard didn't seem dangerous, but she was still quite picky when it came to who had the privilage of using her only gift from her mother.

"It's incredible," Sirius nodded. Then, after snapping out of his curiosity, he growled, "But what are you doing here?"

Harry spoke before the other demigods could, "Nico and Percy-" he paused, glancing back up towards Annabeth, "Where is Percy by the way?"

Annabeth attempted a small smile, though it was strained, "He went for a swim, probably, needed time to think..."

There was an awkward silence in Dumbledore's office, the majority of them knowing the state Percy was in after he had stormed out of the room during the interrogation with Crouch. Their expressions so sullen, (except for Dumbledore, who actually seemed quite intrigued) that nobody seemed to noticed the puzzled expression on Sirius' face while he mumbled, "Swimming? What?"

Harry broke the silence, "Anyways, Nico and Percy were with me in the graveyard."

"Oh," Sirius furrowed his eyebrows in thought. He still seemed slightly suspicious before Harry added in,