Chapter 36: The Yule Ball

The rest of Christmas day rolled by... For lunch Percy and Ron stuffed themselves with piles and piles of turkey, as the majority of their friends stared in horror. Then, the Weasley twins started a snowball fight which a majority of the Gryffindors had joined into.

Lavender squealed as Thalia hit her square in the face, causing the three demigods to snicker. Annabeth might have used her invisibility cap, running around and disappearing before Percy and Thalia could catch her. Even Neville joined in, after getting hit in the back of the head by Colin Creevey.

All in all, the afternoon in the courtyard was filled with laughter and excitement.

Around 5 o'clock, most of the girls began to return to their dorms to get ready for the ball. Thalia rolled her eyes, not even planning to change her outfit into something more formal for the dance.

And by 7, Annabeth finally left to join the others too, leaving Percy alone with no other choice but to walk back up to the boys' dormitories.

He made it to the top of the stairs to find Ron in the most horrid outfit he had ever seen. Ron looked worriedly in the mirror at his dress-like suit. After muttering a few charms, some of the lace on the cuffs and collar of the dress robes fell off, but it didn't help that much.

Ron whirled around to find Percy trying his best not to laugh... All he could do was crinkle his nose at the grandmother-perfume smell while muttering, "Wow..."

"Not a word," Ron pointed at him threatingly, successfully shutting Percy up. He walked to his own trunk to find (thankfully) a set of dress robes which were much less hideous than Ron's.

To be quite honest, they looked very similar to the dress robes worn by Hogwarts students on a daily basis. Luckily, the foreign students could just wear regular clothes because they weren't restricted to the Hogwart's uniforms. Basically, Annabeth convinced all the professors that jeans and a t-shirt were their uniforms in "Olympian's Institution of Magic"... The only difference in the dress robes for the Yule Ball from the Hogwarts ones was that the material seemed slightly finer, and he had to wear a bow tie... which could be a problem.

How the heck do you put on a bow tie?

After he had donned his outfit for the Yule Ball, he still held out the small, sea-green, silky strip of the unfolded bow tie in his hands. Percy stared at it for a few moments in confusion...

Luckily, Seamus came and saved the day by showing the older boy how to put it on.

Then, a swarm of Gryffindors, including Percy, walked downstairs and into the Common Room of the Gryffindor Tower.

________________________________________________________________________________

(This picture is taken from: https://www.pottermore.com/features/behind-the-scenes-at-the-yule-ball)

com/features/behind-the-scenes-at-the-yule-ball)