34.

Thomas Scott
"Damn thing" I said as a spark from a wire in the car burned my finger.
"Are you sure you should be wearing a white tshirt?" I heard her say behind me as I leaned over the front of Faye's mums car.
"Your Mum wanted me to have a look at the car." I said wiping off some dirt and sweat from my hands and forehead.
"That cars been dead for the past month or so there's no hope in fixing it" Faye sighed as she walked over.
I pulled her into a hug and she gripped me back half heartedly. But it occurred to me that she was alone which was odd. Shawn would always be with her if he could.
"Where's Shawn? I thought he would of dropped you home?" I asked and her face fell. What's the prick done now? Didn't he learn? You mess with my best friend and you're gone.
"I don't know what to do Thomas" Faye said as I closed the front lid of the car and she sat on it. I sat beside her and she rested her head on my shoulder.
"What's he done. I said to him Faye if ever he was to hurt you I'd kick his ass" I told her and heard a groan coming from her lips.
"School had finished and I went down to the canteen to get him a coffee and when I came back I went into his room and saw him and some woman I knew he used to date and she had her hands all over him and her shirt was undone and the worst thing was, he was smiling at her" she ranted and I sighed.
"Want me to," I looked up and saw dickhead himself walking up the drive. I stood up throwing Faye's arm off my shoulder.
"Don't do it Thomas please" Faye said but I could only see anger as he walked further towards us.
"I warned him" I said walking towards Shawn, anger clouding my rational thoughts.
"Thomas!" I heard her shout but I had already swung at him, landing a hit to his jaw.
"I told you if you hurt her I'd kick your ass. How can you do that to her and then come here?" I yelled pushing at his chest.
"I didn't deserve that. She didn't see everything! She doesn't know what actually happened"Shawn yelled back in my face. I don't think I would ever get along with him.

"Stop it!" Faye yelled walking over. "Now you have a hell of a lot of explaining to do Shawn Mendes" she said standing infront of me. I wiped the sweat from my hands onto my trousers and pushed my hair back off my forehead before folding my arms.

"I know this may sound like bullshit but it wasn't what it looked like. I know it looked bad but it wasn't. You didn't hear all the conversation. I promise you Faye" Shawn said and I just wanted to hear the rest of it so I could hit him again for hurting Faye.
"This better be a bloody good explanation" i growled not being able to help myself.
"When you went out, Hailey came in and asked how I was doing and I told her I had a girlfriend and I was very happy but she asked more questions and I told her about you. Not your name or anything but i said you were younger, she started to lean over and say that I deserved a real woman. But I was smiling because I said I would be happier with you Faye. I promise" Shawn said and i sighed.
He looked between me and Faye and I could read her like a book.
She believed him. So that means I have to as well. Even though I didn't.
"Sorry for punching you mate. I just, got protective I guess" i said and shook his hand.
"I understand. I'm sorry. Again" Shawn laughed and kissed Faye's lips quickly.
"Looking forward to Paris?" I asked as Shawn took Faye in his arms, a sense of protectiveness washed over me.
"I think it will be lovely" Faye said and Shawn nodded.
"Sorry you couldn't come" Shawn said.
"Gotta go home. Besides I'm not third wheeling for a whole romantic weekend" I said folding my arms.
"Haven't you got a girlfriend?" Shawn asked and I looked at Faye.
"Problem with having a girl best friend, no girl matches up to her" I said and Faye smiled still in the arms of a boyfriend I didn't trust. Still I smiled as they kissed again and he walked away.

That how it was for the rest of the week. I got a Faye to myself for most of the days. Shawn would often come round but the more he came round the more I didn't trust him. There was something odd. Something I couldn't put my finger on. But there was something.
As me and Faye packed up my bag to go to the airport I couldn't help but say it.
"I don't trust him Faye" I said closing up my bag. "There's something about him I don't trust."
"Who? Shawn? Thomas there's nothing wrong with him." She sighed as we got in the car. Her at the wheel.
Calmly she started the engine and we started our two hour long journey.
"Faye I honestly think there's something he's not telling you" I started the conversation again earning her to groan.
"Thomas,"
"No no I'm sure of it." I said hitting my hand against the dashboard and playing with my phone.
"Will it make you happy if I ask him when we're in Paris?" She asked keeping her eyes on the road, her black fluffy cardigan falling over her fingers slightly.
"Yes and ring me whenever you know something" I said and she let off a giggle. I had tried already to search him but there was nothing. It was as if he didn't exist and that worried me further. I searched all over the place. Social media, the internet and there was nothing.

"I know what your doing Thomas" Faye said as we pulled up to the airport car park.
"What? What am I doing?" I stuttered trying to hide my phone from her gaze. She raised her eyebrow as she shut off the engine.
"You're trying to look for Shawn to try and prove to me there's something dark about him" she said and I shrugged.
"Why else would he have so much money yet not want to tell you where from? It doesn't sit right with me and I don't know how it does with you" I told her and we got out of the car.
"Please don't put ideas in my head when I'm going to Paris with the man tomorrow" she groaned.
We walked inside the airport and messed around as best friends do inside airports. We sat and had food and drinks talking about anything except Shawn. I was trying to avoid talking about him because I didn't want to dampen the mood before I left.
"You'll have to come over to me next time." I said as we walked together to security.
"You know I hate flying, but I guess I'd do it for you" Faye smiled holding onto my arm as we walked. "I'm really going to miss you you know" She said as we stood by security, knowing she couldn't come with me. I sighed and held out my arms. She walked into them with tears in her eyes.
"Please don't cry it makes it so much harder than it already is" I said rubbing her back trying to calm her down. "We'll sort something out to see each other I promise. We'll go on holiday together or I'll come here or you come to me."
"That sounds good. Anything to see you"She told me and I nodded. I squeezed her tight in my arms as I heard that security for my flight had opened and I had to go.
I pulled away and kissed both of her cheeks before placing a small kiss to her lips as I always did. She did the same to me before she pulled me in for one last crushing hug.
"I will see you soon" I said walking away, blowing a kiss back to her.
But as I walked away all I could think about was how I didn't trust Shawn. How I was worried something would happen and I wouldn't be there to help her or be there for her. But I know that she knew I was always here.