41.

Faye Dawson
"So. Miss Dawson you've travelled a hell of a long way to be here. And for what?" Raoul said as we sat in a study room. The windows were big and the plush arm chair I was sat in was very comfortable, but my emotions were running wild in my head.
"To help get my boyfriend out of trouble with the police" I stated bluntly.
"And why should I help you? Help him? He almost took away my career"
"And now his has been taken away from him. But so much worse. If you don't help him then not only will he probably never be able to work again but a criminal record will be held next to his name as long as he lives. However, if you can find it in yourself to help him then things will be so completely different." I said letting my thoughts flow out of me.
"Yes but he stole from me work that I had been developing for years" Raoul said.

I knew he had a point. But I wasn't prepared to give up on Shawn that easily, not now I know he's relying on me to do this for him and not some lawyer.
"Mr Olman I did my research before I came here. I know that you've produced and published around ten theories of analysis that have been huge hits globally. You're on the brink of being a billionaire. Shawn, Shawn has nothing. He was desperate and needed a way out of that desperation. He barely has anything compared to you"
I took a deep breath and began again. "Look. I love Shawn. With everything I have. He's wasting away in that prison and I hate it. I can't stand it. He's a good man, really he is. He doesn't fit in there he's not supposed to be there. I promised him I would get him out and that's what I'm going to do with your help or not." I said finishing my little heartfelt speech. I clasped my hands together in my lap and breathed deeply, searching Raoul's eyes for some sort of emotion.

"Miss Dawson what if I were to put this whole situation into a new perspective. What if I were to tell you that all along I meant for Shawn to take that theory?"
"What are you talking about? If you let him have it then he shouldn't be in jail!" I said raising my voice slightly.
"Which is why I was so surprised when you told me he was in jail. Then again I suppose I never told him it was his"
"I can't believe this. I can't believe what I'm hearing." I said. I knew Shawn wouldn't of done anything wrong.
"On his last week of university I put my file on his desk and left it for him. The theory wasn't finished and Shawn went and finished it before publishing it. Technically, part of that work is his own" Raoul told me.

Shawn never knew. He never knew. He never stole the work in the first place.
"We have to tell him." I said standing up.
"Ok. Miss Dawson I'm willing to come back with you. Shawn was like a son to me" Raoul said standing up alongside me.
"Really? You're going to come with me?" I beamed and he nodded.
I couldn't stop myself. I wrapped my arms around the tall mans neck and thanked him over and over.
"I only have one condition" Raoul laughed as he patted my back. I stepped away blushing and nodded, "we take the private jet. I can't stand public transport"
I laughed and nodded quickly. "We'll leave tomorrow morning. Early. Around five am. Be here for four am" Raoul instructed and I nodded quickly.
"I'll go home and pack then" I smiled and he nodded.
I texted Thomas and began walking down the street until he pulled up next to me.

"So he's coming back with you?" Thomas asked and I nodded. I could sense things had changed between me and Thomas after knowing he still likes me and I've moved on with Shawn. But he's still my best friend and that won't change.
We remained in silence for the whole journey. He pulled up infront of his house and we both got out, heading straight for his room. I grabbed my gym bag I had brought and began stuffing all the clothes back inside it.
"I don't want to believe you're leaving so early." Thomas sighed and I stood up nodding.
"I know but I have to. Besides I'll come back soon enough" I reassured him, sitting next to him on the window sill.
I love Thomas I really do love him. Just not in the way he wants me to. And I can't force myself to ditch Shawn and date Thomas again just because he still wants me. I love Shawn. And as we sat talking about anything and everything Shawn was the only thought that kept running through my mind.

Shawn Mendes"Mr Mendes it's a pleasure to meet you" A woman said as she walked into a small white room holding out her thin hand for me to shake

Shawn Mendes
"Mr Mendes it's a pleasure to meet you" A woman said as she walked into a small white room holding out her thin hand for me to shake. I shook it lightly and nodded. It was the day after speaking to Faye and Camila and already I was in my first meeting with her.
"You too"
"Now I've looked over the small information we have about your case and it'll be no problem at all for me to get you out of here. All we do is play on the fact that you were desperate and as you said, you added some onto the theory yourself. So, technically part of the theory does belong to you" Cam said quickly putting a lot of information in my mind all at once.
I just nodded my head and stared at the attractive woman infront of me.
"Sounds great. Anything to get me out of here and have my name cleared" I told Camila who nodded and smiled at my words.
"You're not whom I expected Mr Mendes I must say. I was expecting some dark criminal" Camila said and I frowned slightly.
"And what do you see instead?" I asked lowering my tone slightly.
"A handsome man who doesn't deserve to be here whatsoever" she answered putting her fingers ontop of my own. "Now, do you have any relatives who know about all of this?"
"I don't really speak to my close family any more. They know bits but not all. But my girlfriend knows" I said.
"Girlfriend? Tell me about her?"
"Er ok. She's eighteen and she's in America at the moment trying to get my old professor to come to England and save my ass" I laughed and Camila smiled.
"And you were going to trust her to save you? Trust me the day an eighteen year old non lawyer solves a case before me would be a miracle day" Camila laughed and I shrugged.
"She's a tough girl"
"Shawn. You were right to call me. She won't be able to do it" she told me and I took a sigh of relief that I had actually called Camila.

"Mendes. There's someone here you need to see" O'Brien said walking into the room.
"Sorry officer but we're in the middle of Shawn's first meeting. It's very important" Camila said to him and O'Brien laughed shaking his head.
"It might be important but not as important as this"
I furrowed my brow and again Camila put a hand on mine and looked deeply into my eyes causing my heart to give a little flutter.
"You son of a bitch" I heard from the microphone that entered the room.

I looked toward the window where the sound was coming from and there she was. Arms folded, hair messy, with dark circles under her eyes.
She walked from the window to the doorway and I quickly took my hand from under Camila's. She was alone.
"I can't believe you hired a lawyer."
"What would he of done without me? You can't do anything for him" Camila said butting into the conversation.
"Oh I can't? Then how come I managed to bring Shawn's old professor back to England who is willing to get his ass saved" Faye said pointing at me.
"You can't of" me and Camila said in unison.
"Oh she did" a males voice said and I recognised it immediately. Raoul Olman. Standing infront of us all. My jaw hit the floor when I saw him and I regretted immediately not trusting in Faye.
And with her staring at me with tears in her eyes I knew that I had really fucked up.