14.

Shawn Mendes
"Hello?" I heard her tired voice down the phone and smiled. It was early Sunday morning and I couldn't resist from calling her early.
"Hey sleepy" I said and heard her groan down the phone.
"What do you want. It's like-" there was a pause and I presumed she was checking the time. "Shawn it's eight in the morning"
"I know I know and I'm sorry I just wanted to ask if we could study at yours today" I asked sitting up in bed.
"What are you- Oh right Erm Mum usually leaves about four" she yawned and I nodded.
"Ok I'll be over then"
"Yeah yeah whatever I'm sleeping goodnight" she groaned and I laughed.
"Goodnight Faye I'll see you in a few hours" I said but there was no response. "Faye?" I said and repeated until I heard light, slow breathing coming from the other end of the line. I smiled and hung up knowing she had fallen back to sleep during our conversation.

I sat up in bed thinking about what might happen with her today. What could happen with her? What would she want to do? I'm not getting ahead of myself. I knew I was getting too hopeful. She might not even want to be with me after spending the night with that Thomas kid. She might of realised that he was the one she wanted and now wanted nothing to do with me. And honestly that scared me. It shouldn't. But it did. And now I couldn't wait to hear what had happened between them the other night.
I did everything I could to distract myself from looking at the clock every other minute. I read, I sung, ate and showered and got dressed. But still it was only three. My phone started to ring across the other side of the room and I ran to answer it.
"Hey so Mums left early if you want to just come over early and get it done" she said and I frowned.
"Get what done?" I said cautiously.
"Tutoring?" She said and I nodded. I knew that whatever we had going would be ruined by the one night with that boy. "Are you coming now or not?"
"Yeah yeah I'm on my way" I said and hung up the phone. And in no time at all I quickly grabbed a hoodie and my bag and walked to her house.

"Do you want to study in my room or in the study?" She said but I couldn't focus on her words. she was dressed in a little white  skirt and black crop top, and she looked good. Very good.
"You're study will be fine" I said and it wasn't as relaxed between us today. I don't know what was different but something was off.
We got in the study and she opened up her books. We talked through key points in the plot of Jane Eyre and poetry techniques with alternate meanings for about two hours. We talked of nothing but English and her exam. Something was definitely off.
"So does that clear everything up?" I asked her and she nodded writing down a few extra notes.
"Yep thank you" she avoided my eye until I couldn't stand it any longer.
"What happened last night? Why are you not being the same with me?" I said and she sighed.
"Let's talk in my room."

We walked up the stairs and into her room. I closed the door behind us and she stood running her hands through her hair.
"Thomas is leaving for America in nine months" she said and I nodded.
"I'm sorry Faye I know how much he means to you" I sympathised.
"He's asked me to Prom though. And he's also asked me to be his girlfriend until he leaves" she finished and again I nodded. "I said yes to Prom. But I said I'd have to think about the girlfriend thing."
"Ok. What are you leaning towards?"
"It depends really"
"On?"
"On you" She said and I was shocked. Me? I understand what she meant but I just didn't know what to say. "We've gotten close quickly Shawn and I don't see you as my teacher anymore I see you as a friend"
"I don't see you as my student either." I said walking closer to her.
She wrapped my arms round my neck and I held her waist. "What do you want Shawn?"
"To kiss you" I laughed and she blushed hanging her head for a moment. I pulled away and she went to sit on her bed but I stayed standing.
"Are you going to sit down?" She patted the spot next to her. I opened my mouth but she held up her finger. "If you're excuse is it's inappropriate then sit your ass down because it's past that"
I laughed at her words and sat down next to her. We sat next to each other in silence and occasionally snuck glances at each other. She stood up and pulled down her blind that faced the street. "Just in case" she said and I knew the house opposite was her best friends house.

She sat back down next to me and the silence resumed. Tension. That's all that could be felt. I had to stop myself from reaching out and kissing her. And I couldn't deny that I think she felt that as well, and soon neither of us could resist the tension any longer.
We both turned and met in the middle to engage in a passionate kiss. It didn't take long for things to go further again when she broke the kiss and crawled onto my lap, facing me and putting her legs either side of my crossed legs. I held her waist and she cupped my face as we resumed the kiss with heavy breathing.
She pushed on my shoulders and I fell backwards to lie down on her bed.
"Wait wait. Are you sure about what we're doing?" I breathed and she rolled her eyes pushing back her hair.
"I'm ok as long as you're ok" she said and I nodded before she resumed the kiss. As she kept moving around to get comfy, a few times her crotch brushed against my leg and it was driving me insane. Oh what this girl did to me without even realising it.
Out of impulse I rolled us both over so now I was the one on top of her. We pulled away and both of our breathing was heavy and fast. 
"Shawn..." she breathed and looked up at me. I probably looked a mess whilst she looked practically perfect.
"Yes?" I whispered back.
"Thank you" She smiled and I raised an eyebrow. "For saying fuck them and giving this a go" she laughed and I shrugged.
"I can't help what I feel for you" I rolled to the side of her and she turned to face me. I brushed some hair from her neck and she came closer to me. "I really do like you" I confessed and saw her smile up at me.
"I like you too Shawn" she said holding the back of my neck with one hand. She pressed a gentle kiss to my lips and I smiled.

She grabbed my hand and put it on her waist. I felt her cold skin break out in goosebumps as I ran my hand over the bare skin.
"You're pretty" I laughed and she giggled.
"You're pretty too" She continued to laugh and hid her head in my shoulder. "Is it wrong to want to be with you?" She whispered and I just about caught what she said.
"Yes. But I want to be with you too" I whispered stroking her hair.  "I really do"
"As a girlfriend? You'd put your job on the line for me?"
"When are you eighteen?" I said and she thought.
"Six months" she said and I nodded. "But I don't want to wait that long to be with you"
"I know I know. I don't want to wait that long either." I said and I groaned. I have to ask her. I know I have to ask her and I want to ask her. "Do you want to go on a-erm a date? Say next Friday?" I said and blushed.
I felt like a little kid again asking her and her head popped up from out of my shoulder.
"We can't here. People might recognise us" she made a point and I thought.
"Then we'll go to out of town. I'll find somewhere. All I need is a yes" I said to her and she blushed. She put her hand on my chest and smiled giving me a kiss.
"Yes Shawn I will go on a date with you"