29.

Thomas Scott
"Where were you?" I shouted to Faye as I ran across the street into her house. She had arrived back to the house a good ten minutes after I did.
"Oh I was just talking to a friend" She smiled giving me a hug around my waist. "So. We have a lot to catch up on I'd say" she said and like children we ran up to her room. "Do you mind if I just get changed?" She asked and I shook my head no. She grabbed a pair of grey shorts and a red crop top which had a long v neckline. I watched her as she struggled with her dress and trying to unpop the clasp.
"Here" I said walking over and fiddling with the clasp myself. After a few attempts the thing finally came undone.
"Thanks" She whispered holding her hair up.
"No problem" I said. She pulled her hair to one side as we went silent.
I ran my hands along her shoulders and started to pull the top of the dress down. Quietly, she took her arms out and let me pull the dress down so it pooled at her feet. She turned round as I grabbed her top and slipped it over her head, and slipped the shorts onto her as well whilst down on my knees.
I stood upright and she grabbed my shirt and started to undo the buttons slowly.
"Faye" I whispered as she ran her hands along my shoulders and pulled the shirt off my body. She shushed me and we were back in silence.

She ran her cold fingers over my scar as she always did.
"I can't believe this is all your left with" she smiled and I shrugged.
"You can learn a lesson from it. Avoid your crazy ex when they have a bottle in hand and don't drive after you break up" I said and she nodded.
I remember that night. I had gone to my girlfriend at the times house and we got into a very heated argument which ended in a break up and her throwing a glass bottle at me causing a shard to go in my shoulder. Stupidly I decided to drive home whilst being not in a good mind set and ended up wrecking the car. I spent a good month and a bit in and out of hospitals.
"I missed you when it happened" Faye said and I nodded taking her into my arms, enjoying the feeling of her against my bare chest.
"I missed you too. But it won't happen again" I said. I got out of my jeans and put on some loose trousers.

After our little reminiscing we got into her bed and lay there on our backs.
"What happened with that girl?" She asked and I groaned.
"I thought she was really into me. But after one date she said she couldn't do it and got back with her ex" I laughed and I heard Faye snigger.
"Her loss" she said and I turned my head to face her.
"You think?"
"I know" she said also turning to face me. We just took a moment to look at each other. She was so beautiful. She reached out and pushed a piece of my hair back.
"I need it cut I know"I said but she kept looking at my face with a straight expression. "Kiss me"She whispered but I could almost hint a bit of unsureness in her voice.
"Faye it's not a good idea"
"You kissed me earlier" she argued and I nodded.
"I know and I don't mean it in a horrible way but it was in a jokey way for your Mum just to have" I laughed and she rolled her eyes hitting my face lightly.
She rolled her body on top of mine and wrapped her arms around my neck as I held her small waist.

"I missed you so much" I said and she nodded against my neck.
"What's happening with your relationships at the moment?" I asked and heard her groan. "Tell me" I said poking at her sides.
"It's complicated. Very complicated and I know you're my favourite person in the world but I don't think even you would understand" she said just above a whisper.
"Why did you want kiss me?" I asked. If she had a boyfriend or someone she was almost in a relationship with then why want to kiss her best friend?
"I don't know. I just missed you so much and the feelings were still there" she said and I nodded.
"You know we can't date. It would be too hard with me living away" I said brushing her hair off her neck. I did love her and I know I did. But I also knew I couldn't date her, knowing I would have to leave her here lonely.
"I know but I do love you Thomas." She said and I smiled.
"I love you too. And I do hope your happy with this boy. And. I'd like to meet him. This week" I decided and I saw her panic a bit as she sat up on my lap.
"No you can't" she said and I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow at her. "You won't understand" she said.
"Faye. Whoever it is I'll understand. As long as he makes you happy I promise." I said cuddling her.
"Fine you can meet him this week. But when you do you can't go mad" she said and i nodded.

The fact that she was worried I'd kick off made me wonder who it was. There's no one who would make me mad as long as he treated her right and she was happy.
"I'm sure I'll like him Faye. If you think he's worthy enough to date you then I'm sure I'll like him. Please don't worry about it" I said reassuring her.
"I'm just worried you won't understand" she yawned and I shrugged.
"Then you'll explain it to me and then I will understand. Ok?" I said and again she nodded.
I just couldn't wait to meet the guy who had stolen my best friend's heart.

Shawn Mendes
I didn't trust Thomas to not want to be with Faye. I saw how he kissed her at the school and it made me nervous to think that they were alone together, and going to be drunk together tomorrow. It did make me worried. But I trusted her.
Speak of the devil.
"Hey" I heard her speak down the phone.
"What's wrong?" I asked knowing she wasn't ok from the large sigh she let off.
"Thomas wants to meet you" she said and a sense of panic ran through my veins. I can't meet him. He could go and spill it all and get us both into serious trouble.
"That's not a good idea Faye"
"I know I know but he's adamant to meet you. Besides he's not going to spill if we tell him not to. He wouldn't do that to me Shawn" she said defending her best friend.
"Fine Fine. When?" I asked dreading the meeting. I mean I had already met him before but not like this. This time I was his best friends boyfriend, when he'd only met me as her teacher. It sounds wrong when I think about it. But I'm falling for her so hard that I couldn't stop it. We had been careful to not let anyone know about our relationship even though I wanted so badly to tell the world.

"Well you're coming here on Sunday to pick me up right?" I heard Faye ask and I told her I was.
"Then come over early and meet him then if something goes wrong we can leave for dinner" she suggested.
"Yep ok that's fine." I gave in even though my gut told me something was going to kick off.
"I'll talk to you tomorrow ok?"  Faye said sleepily down the phone and I smiled at her tired voice. I felt so much for this girl.
"Ok goodnight" I said smiling.
"Night Shawn" she said and I took the phone from my ear. "I lo-" I heard her say just as I hung up the phone.
Shit.
I tried to call her back but she didn't pick up. That'll drive me mad for the next few days now. To me it sounded as if she were going to say she loved me. I argued in my head about it. We hadn't been dating long at all so I doubt that she did love me.
I was certain I did love her. Or I was starting to. There's nothing I wouldn't do to be with her. I would do anything for her. I cared for her so much and felt so strongly for her. I smiled at the idea of her loving me and went over to a drawer by my front door.
I opened the drawer to check that the small box was still in there. It had taken a hell of a lot to get this present organised and I didn't know how she would react to it. I had gotten her two things but I was unsure of one of them.
But I didn't think of the presents I had gotten her as I fell asleep but instead the idea of someone loving me ran through my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about her loving me, or me loving her. Nor did I want to stop thinking about it as I feel to sleep.