20.

*Two months later*
Shawn Mendes
I had been distancing myself from Faye. Well, trying to do so but it was hard. I could see she was happy but I did notice longing looks and I hoped they were for me. For us.
In class all I could do was admire her and the answers she gave. That's the only way I heard her voice. I loved it when she would hand me her homework and our hands would brush together. That's the only way I felt her touch now. But I stayed away for her so she could be with Thomas.
It was cold on the Wednesday after school when I saw Faye walking in town on her own. I couldn't stop myself. I ran over to her and held her arm.
"Mr Mendes ! My god you scared me" She exclaimed and it pulled at my heart hearing her call me that instead of Shawn. It showed how far apart we had become.
"What are you doing out on your own?" She looked down almost as if she were embarrassed and then looked up at me again.
"I haven't bought a prom dress yet." She sighed and I smiled.
"Leaving it a bit late aren't we? Is your boyfriend here to help?" She smiled and shook her head no.
"He's packing. He leaves the day after prom so he's had a mad packing week so I'm doing it on my own" she told me. Perfect.
"I'll help" I shrugged hoping she would agree.
"I don't know I mean. Er. Ok?" She questioned and I smiled showing I was sure. She nodded her head towards a fancy looking shop and we walked inside.

"I know all the best have probably gone but I really need help with my prom dress. My prom is on Saturday" Faye rushed out at the woman behind the counter.
The woman stared at her and looked her up and down before nodding. "Right. My name's Maria come with me I'll find you the perfect one don't worry" the woman smiled. We followed her up a set of steps into a room full of dresses. How do girls do this?
Faye and Maria began digging through the racks talking about colour and size and style. I zoned out and sat on a chair infront of the dressing room.
Faye walked in and out of the little room wearing many dresses of different colours and styles. I didn't particularly like any, neither did she.
"Shawn you're not helping" she rolled her eyes as she stood in a bright yellow short dress.
"I don't know what you want from me" I floundered and Maria smiled.
"Look. Go look for something you like" Faye smiled and I stood up taking my coat off.
"Are you her boyfriend?" Maria asked as I looked at dresses.
"Not exactly" I smiled and she shrugged.
"Shame. You'd look beautiful together" I nodded at her and couldn't find anything. Or so I assumed.

My eyes fell on a red dress. I pulled it out and it had long sleeves and an open back with nothing on it.
"I forgot about that one. No one ever likes it because it's so simple" Maria said taking the dress.
"That's why she'll like it" I smiled and Maria handed the dress to Faye.
I waited on that sofa for what seemed like ages waiting for her to come out in the dress I had chosen.
"Oh wow!" Maria said from behind me and my head snapped up.
There was no flaw to her. Nothing. The dress hugged her tightly and the deep red looked nothing less than perfect on her.
"Shawn?"
"It's. Well, it's I think it's, you look amazing" I managed to push out and I smiled seeing a blush on her face.
"I love it" she brushed her hands over the dress and looked in the mirror. I could only just stand and admire her and I wished I was the one standing with her when she wore it at Prom.

"You'll look beautiful at Prom" I whispered to her as she bought the dress.
"Are you going?" She asked me and I nodded. "With?" She continued and I shrugged.
"No one. I'm just there to chaperone" I sighed and she nodded.
We left the shop and stood outside.
"Would you like to come over for a drink or something?" I stumbled and she smiled giving a slight nod.
We walked mainly in silence back to my lonely home and I welcomed her in. Straight away I got drinks out of the fridge and she smiled as I handed her the Coke can.
"So how are you feeling about Thomas leaving this week?" I asked making conversation.
"Scared. Sad. Every negative emotion really. I don't want him to leave. He's been by my side since we were young and now I'm not going to have him. It's not a nice thought for me" Faye shrugged and I nodded.
"I miss my family sometimes. Knowing they're all in Canada and I'm here."
"Do you think you'll go back there?"
I nodded at her and she smiled.
"Yeah I don't want to stay away for too long." I told her. "Look. If ever you need someone to talk to or be with or anything after he's gone I'm here ok?" I offered.
Faye smiled and put her hand over mine that was rested on my knee. "I know" she looked me in the eye and put her drink down. She gently cupped my face with her small hand she gave me a soft kiss on my probably cold cheek. It didn't last long but it was long enough to ignite a hope in me again that there was a chance for us.
"I should probably go home"
"Is your mom there?" I asked and she shook her head. "Stay here for dinner then I can walk you back afterwards." I offered and was glad when she took the offer.

I knew I shouldn't of offered her to stay but I couldn't help wanting to be with her as long as I could. I had never wanted to be with someone as badly as I wanted to be with her and it scared me. I just hoped that at some point in time she would give me the same chance she gave Thomas and she would see how badly I wanted her, and how good I could treat her.

 I just hoped that at some point in time she would give me the same chance she gave Thomas and she would see how badly I wanted her, and how good I could treat her