27.

Faye Dawson
I wasn't prepared for after school. I thought I was so I went running into Shawn's car beaming at him. He started to drive without telling me where we were going. He just smiled and every now and then would let out a deep breath.
I noticed there was a box in the back of the car and no matter how many times I asked him he wouldn't tell me where we were going or what the box was for.
"Shawn"
"Don't ask because I won't tell you. We're almost there so just be patient" he smiled and I groaned. Again.
I folded my arms and sulked until we reached our location. If I had known what he had done would of been that beautiful I wouldn't of complained the whole way.
We were at the cliff.
Shawn took my hand and led me down that small pathway down the side of the cliff and I smiled. This was my place. That little part of secluded beach I took him to. He remembered.
As we got to the bottom Shawn put out a red fluffy picnic blanket and lots of food. I smiled at the thought of it, knowing he had done this just for me filled my heart with happiness.

"What was all this for?" I smiled as I cuddled next to Shawn looking at the empty food plates.
"I think you probably know" he laughed and I blushed because I did have an idea of what this was for.
"I know. But I want to hear you say it"
Shawn took a deep breath and I turned my head to face him. He leaned down and kissed me quickly before talking.
"I hope I've shown you that I want you. And I do want you. I want you to be my girlfriend" he said shyly. I giggled at this new found shyness from this tall muscly man.
"Then ask me" I giggled and he turned his whole body to face me.
"Miss Dawson. Will you be my girlfriend?"
I looked him in his big brown eyes.
"No"
"What the fuck I thought,"
"I'm kidding you knob" I laughed before flinging my arms round his shoulders. "Of course I will" I smiled against his neck as his own large arms wrapped round me.
"You scared me" he said and I couldn't hold back a laugh.
"I'm sorry" I laughed. "So it's official?"
"It's official. But not out there" he warned and I nodded."Im sorry that it can't be"
"No I understand. At least we know it's official" I said smiling widely. I have a boyfriend. A proper boyfriend who's not leaving for America in a few months. It made me happy knowing that both me and Thomas were moving on, not just him.  I missed him though. A lot.
"What are you thinking about?" Shawn asked and I sighed.
"Thomas"
"Oh" Shawn frowned and I knew that he felt disheartened.
"I just miss him a lot but I'm glad we've both moved on" I smiled taking his large hand in mine. "I like your tattoos"
"Thank you. I like them too. That's why I got them" Shawn smiled showing me those bright white teeth.

"You graduate school in two weeks" Shawn said and I nodded. I was so ready to graduate.
"I'm eighteen in two weeks tomorrow" I told him.
"What are you going to do for it?" He asked. I knew what I was doing but I didn't want to tell him.
"I'm having a party at home whilst my mums doing extra shifts" I said and he rolled his eyes. "So I'm not going to see you?" He asked and I could tell he was annoyed.
"No. And I'm sorry but it was organised a while ago" i said standing my ground.
"We should get going" Shawn said starting to pack up and walking off without me. Dick. Just asked me to be his girlfriend and now he's going off in a strop.
"Shawn stop being a prick about this" I said getting into the car.
"I'm not being a prick about it"
"You've just asked me to be your girlfriend and then gone off in a strop about something minor." I told him and again he rolled his eyes. "See! Your being stroppy about something so unimportant Shawn it's so dumb"
"Your the one being stroppy" he sniggered back and I just shook my head.
"Shawn I said yes to being your girlfriend now don't make me regret it" I said crossing my arms and feeling tears spring to my eyes.
"Drop me at home" I said trying to hide my tears.
"Aren't you staying over?" Shawn asked and I rolled my eyes.
"No because your in a mood and making me upset" I confessed and I heard Shawn sigh.

We drove the rest of the way in silence, until Shawn drove past my house and parked in his garage.
"I guess im staying then"
"Well I'm not letting you go home when you're upset with me" He said jiggling with the keys to get the door unlocked.
"I just don't get it though Shawn. It's a birthday it's no big deal. I'm going to have a party and I will see you the next day or day after it's not huge" I shrugged following him up the stairs.

I sat on his large bed and Shawn handed me a shirt and boxers to wear which I slipped on infront of him.
I saw the glances over at me but pretended I didn't see them.
"Have you had sex?" Shawn suddenly popped up with making me go all shy. It seemed so odd to be talking about this with him.
"Er yeah I have" I blushed folding my arms over my chest waiting for the dreaded question I knew was coming next.
"Who with?"
"Does it matter?" I argued.
"I just want to know"
"Thomas" I answered shrugging my shoulders lightly. He scoffed and threw his tshirt onto the floor.
"And he's coming back in two weeks isn't he? I bet you anything he'll stay for your birthday and be at the party" Shawn groaned and I was tired of this.
"So what? He's my best friend I want him there!"
"What if he wants to have sex with you again? You'll just get back together with him because obviously you're not over him and that will be that" Shawn said getting into his bed.

I couldn't tell if this was Shawn's own insecurity talking or if he genuinely thought that. But whatever it was it was pissing me off.
"Oh fuck off Shawn" I said walking out of the room and back downstairs. I pulled the blanket that was across the back of it and onto my body as I lay down on the sofa. I just wanted to be away from him.
I had just said yes to being his girlfriend and already we were having arguments. Maybe we weren't meant to be together after all.
I lay there trying to close my eyes but I couldn't sleep. How could he think I would do that to him? Of course I love Thomas he's my best friend and we went through so much together. Those feelings will never go away but I would never go behind Shawn's back and cheat on him.
Tears started to fall and I hid my head under the blanket as I heard footsteps come down the stairs.
"Please come back up stairs" Shawn said and I didn't know whether just to stay put or to go with him.
The footsteps came right up to the sofa and I heard the click of Shawn's knees as he bent down to me. He gently lifted the cover from my head and I just turned my head from him. I didn't want him to see he had gotten to me.
"Faye please" he said and I rolled my eyes standing up and walking past him. I got back into his room and went straight into the bed.

I felt the bed dip as Shawn got in and he wrapped an arm round me.
"Talk to me" he said and I turned to face him.
"I can't believe you think I'd do that to you." Was all I said before turning back round. Letting Shawn's arm drape over me before falling to sleep with upset and confused thoughts playing in my mind.