9.

Thomas Scott
"I've fucked up again man" I finished telling one of my boy friends what happened between me and Faye and he nodded.
"Yeah man you've fucked up. But here's the perfect place to forget about her for a while. Have a drink. Find a girl. And just have fun mate." He said handing me a drink. I took it from him and followed him into a smaller room with all the popular boys and girls including Cara.
"Hey Tom" Oli, who's party it was, clapped me on the back causing some of the drink I had to spill out. "You're just in time mate" I raised an eyebrow and looked round the group of people.
"Truth or dare" a girl smirked and I shook my head.
"What are we? Back in year nine?" I joked and some of them laughed. I sat down anyways on a little table beside Cara and gave her an awkward side smile.
"Truth or dare is always a good game" someone said and I nodded.

The game went on quite unevenly and I hadn't been involved at all which I was glad of.
"Thomas" shit "Truth or dare"
"Truth"
"Is it true that Faye Dawson has never been on a date or kissed a boy?" The girl asked and I looked at the group.
"She's never been on a date but she has kissed a boy yeah" I said and Cara turned to me.
"No she hasn't"
"Yep she has trust me I know." I smiled and I think everyone else caught on. Except Cara. I looked into her eyes and raised my eyebrow. "Because I was the one who kissed her" I finished and Cara looked shocked but the game continued. It lasted about half an hour longer before people started to get bored and leave the game until we were all just sat round talking.
"You really kissed Faye?" Cara asked from beside me and I nodded. "That bitch" I almost spat out my drink.
"She knew I liked you and I wanted to be with you and then she goes and does shit like that to take you away" Cara said and I rolled my eyes. "Who kisses better me or her?" She asked and I frowned.
"I've never kissed you"
"Well let's change that" she said and put her clammy hand on my face, cupping it with her over done nails digging into my skin as she pressed her lips to mine.
I was conflicted whether to kiss back or not, but as I heard the whistles from all around I knew I had to go along with it. I kissed her back and tried to think about something else. My car, my motorcycle, how I was going to have to work my arse off to apologise to Faye. The kiss was over not as quick as I'd hoped, but quick enough that it was bearable.
She didn't kiss like Faye did. Faye was gentle and slow, the complete opposite of Cara. It had only been a few hours but I missed knowing Faye was there. I missed her, and I love her so much. "Then what the fuck am I doing here?" I asked myself out loud.
"You alright?" Cara asked putting her hand on mine.
"I gotta go" I smiled and fought my way out of the door. "Shit shit shit car" I said. Fuck it I'll run. It wasn't far so I took off my jacket and ran.

As I got onto our road I ran past that Mendes who lives at the end of the road and I saw him almost scowling at me. What's his deal?
"Faye...Dawson?" I yelled and knocked on her door. I looked at my watch and saw it was midnight. I knocked again. I heard heavy footsteps and a grumble from behind the door.
"Yes...get away" she said opening the door seeing my face.
"No. Faye. I'm not leaving" I said walking into the house closing the door behind me. I cupped her face and pressed my lips to hers. Well, I tried to. She pushed me away and surprisingly hit me across my face.
"You think this is some Hollywood movie?! You think I'm just going to forgive you after you run to my house and kiss me! No! God Thomas" she ran her hands through her hair and I got on my knees infront of her.
"Faye. I was wrong, so so wrong. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you and I lied to you. I'm sorry with all my heart. I love you Faye you know that" I was close to tears as all the emotions were building up inside of me. As I looked at her with no makeup on, a pair of her baggy short shorts and my old tshirt on, I realised this girl was beautiful. She was so beautiful.
"Thomas, that's twice, you've really really hurt me. You lied to me! Since when did we start lying to each other?!" She cried and it made me want to well up as well. "Please leave Thomas I don't want to do this now" tears streamed down her beautiful face and I couldn't hold it in any longer.

A hot tear ran down my cheek but it changed nothing. I stood up from my knees and held her hands in my own. "I love you. And I'm going to be waiting for you to realise that I do. I need you, and somewhere in there you need me too" I pointed at her heart and to my surprise she nodded.
"I do need you Thomas. You're my best friend of course I need you. But I also need time. I need to find it in myself to forgive you" She cried and I nodded through my hot tears.
"I'll do anything I can to show you how sorry I am Dawson" I tried one last time walking towards the door.
I walked down the set of steps out of her house and looked at my house. I didn't want to go home, I wanted to stay here with her. I was about half way across the road when i heard footsteps and turned quickly back to her house just in time to see her run out to me and stop right before me. She reached up her small hands and pulled my face down so our lips brushed together for a moment before she pressed harder for a second, and let go completely resting her forehead against mine.
"I know you'll try. But I need to see it" was all she said before running back into her own house, and I ran into mine.
Even though there was a little hope I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I slid down my door and sat on the floor. I screwed up. I messed it all up with the girl I had come to love.