45.

Shawn Mendes
"Where's your drink?"
"Er there's a little square on the fridge. Push it" I said whilst staring at the computer.
Andrew came over as soon as Faye left. I was stressing out. Completely. I hovered the little mouse icon over the 'book now' button but I couldn't push it.
"Dude what are you so afraid of?" Andrew said.
"Her not getting on with my family, my family screaming at me and not letting us in, confrontation. There's a lot" I said shaking my head.
"Look" Andrew said grabbing the mouse and clicking the button before I could process it in my head. "Go. Just do it. If your family aren't there or aren't nice then it's still a holiday away to Canada, take her to the hockey rink or sightseeing I dunno"
I nodded my head and booked the tickets.

"Hey"
"Hey. Tickets are booked for two days time for three days" I said to Faye.
"Ok cool. I'll see you then" she said bluntly and I sighed.
"Are you ok?"
"Fine. See you later" she said before hanging up.

"She's not Fine" Andrew sniggered and I groaned.
"I know she's not fine but what do you expect me to do?"
"Go over there and ask her what's wrong." Andrew said slinging his jacket over his shoulders.
"Ok." I said grabbing my phone and coat and walking with Andrew to Faye's. "Are you leaving or coming in?" I asked and he shrugged.
"I'll come in if that's ok. She's my friend as well" Andrew said and I nodded knocking on Faye's door.

"Hi Shawn, Andrew. Erm I don't know if Faye will talk she's pretty erm emotional" Her Mum said and I nodded. I looked past her shoulder to see a man sat on the sofa.
"Everything ok?" I asked and she shrugged moving out the way so we could come in.
"She's in her room" Her Mum said and we thanked her before heading up the three flights of stairs to her attic bedroom.
"Faye?" Andrew called as I knocked on the door.
"Not in the mood Andrew"
"Shawn's here as well. Can we come in?" Andrew called.
We both heard her sigh but she opened the door soon after.
I saw her eyes dull and red and her lips had swollen slightly.
"Mum and Mark are getting married" Faye said a tear rolling down her face.
"Aw Faye" Andrew said taking her into his arms before I could. He guided her onto her little couch and I shut the door sitting opposite on her bed.
Faye sat on his lap as he cradled her. I didn't feel jealous. Andrew had his girl, I just knew they were close.
"Why are you upset?"
"It's just so soon. I mean they've been seeing each other for like two years and I didn't know I only just caught on now because he's been coming round more but marriage?! It's so soon I barely know him! I just don't feel comfortable around him yet. Like how could she not tell me him and her were getting this serious" Faye said a few more tears falling down.
"When's the wedding?" I asked and she smiled up at me through sad eyes.
"They said they wanted to aim for around six months to a year away" she said wiping her eyes.

"I'm really sorry but I have to run" Andrew said and Faye crawled off him. He said his goodbyes and left.
Faye ran her fingers through her hair and I held out my arms for her which she walked into.
I hugged her tightly and she climbed onto her bed beside me.
"Am I over reacting?" Faye asked curling up beside me.
"No. No I don't think you are. You barely know him now he's going to be a big part of your life. It's a big deal" I said running my fingers through her hair.
"I just wish she'd told me sooner. I mean I came home and saw them downstairs so I went to my room and she came up and told me. I mean it's just so soon" she said calming down.

I sat stroking her hair until she drifted off to sleep.
I moved out from under her and opened her door slightly.
"Shawn?"
"I'll see you in two days. I love you." I said as she closed her eyes.
"I love you too" Faye yawned and I left her room.
"Shawn" I heard as I walked through the kitchen. I turned and Faye's Mum and Mark stood in the kitchen. "Do you think I'm a bad mother for doing this?"
"No. You deserve to be happy. But I do think you sprung it on her too quickly. She said she doesn't even know you so it's hard for her to think your suddenly going to be in her life a lot" I explained gesturing to Mark.
The two adults nodded and I nodded back before leaving the house.

So much had happened in the last few weeks it was hard to grasp just how much me and Faye had gone through.
I stopped in my tracks as I walked back to my house and turned the opposite direction and started to walk quickly towards town.
As I walked I debated in my head. I had an idea but it was quite a big one.
I got to the jewellery shop and walked in to see many women standing admiring everything.

I didn't even know where to begin.

I looked behind so many glass boxes at so many different things. All different colours and shapes and each had a different pattern.

"Can I help you?" A woman said and I laughed.
"I don't know what I'm looking for. All I know is that I'm looking for a sort of promise ring" I said gesturing with my hands.
The woman nodded and led me to more glass boxes that held ring upon ring upon ring.
"Jesus" I sighed looking at all the different rings.
"I'll show you some things that are unique. Not many people go for these ones. I don't know why because they're gorgeous" she smiled getting out a few lines of rings.
Straight away my eyes were drawn to a silver band.
A red, diamond heart stood on the top and when I picked it up I could see the words 'you&me' engraved on the inside of the band.
"I'll take this one" I told her smiling at the small ring.
"Do you know what size?"
"Shit. Erm can I look at your hands" I asked her and she nodded holding up her hands. I held her hand in mine for a second and she sniggered.
"I'm sorry it's the only way I can tell" I laughed and she nodded.
"It happens more than you think. Shall I get the size I would get?" She asked and I shrugged nodding.

She wrapped it up for me and I gave her the money before leaving the shop and hiding the ring in my trouser pocket.
With the ring I just hoped it showed Faye I promised to be loyal to her and our relationship. Because I loved her. With everything I had.