39.

Faye Dawson
Turns out that Mr Olman had produced and published many more theories of analysis and was close to being a billionaire.
We had been emailing back and forth for a few days and he bought me a first class plane ticket to come and visit him in America.
I had told Shawn what was happening, I think he was nervous but pleased that this all could be over very soon.
It didn't take long for word to spread in the town. Almost everyone knew what Shawn had done and also knew the fact he had been moved from the holding cell to now being in an actual prison cell, an hour away from home.
I hated seeing him in there and he had only been in there for two days but seeing him mixed in with real hard criminals broke my heart, and it was why I had rushed Olman to meeting me sooner than first agreed.

"Hey I have a surprise for you" I said down the phone as I sat in Gatwick airport.
"I hate surprises" Thomas spoke grumpily down the line.
"Oh ok well then I guess you won't care that I'm coming to America for a few days and the house I'm staying at is only an hour away from you" I said and I heard Thomas' little laugh down the phone.
"You're joking"
"Nope. I took your advice. I contacted the professor and he's invited me to his house to convince him to come and help Shawn" i said before sipping from the coffee cup.
"Damn that's great. Well you'll have to come and visit if you have time" Thomas yawned and I told him I would.
"Hey I have to go board the plane I'll talk to you when I land ok?" I said.
"Yep and if you need a place to stay we're always here for you" Thomas offered and I smiled.
"Thank you. I love you"
"Love you to Dawson" Thomas said before I hung up the phone and boarded the plane.

I had never been as bored before as I was on that seven hour journey. I had watched films, slept, listened to music, and when we landed it was like a blessing, and luckily I didn't have to wait for luggage as I only had hand luggage.
There were so many people.
I had no idea what i was looking for.
Until my phone rang.
"Miss Dawson it's Raoul"
"Oh! Hi Mr Olman. I've just landed and am in the airport" I informed him.
"Yes there should be a man holding a tablet with your name on it" he told me and I looked round for this man.
"Oh yeah I see him thank you"
"I will see you soon Miss Dawson" Raoul said before hanging up the phone.

The man was tall. A good five inches taller than me and stood proud with broad shoulders. His eyes were a bright blue and his hair a sandy blonde colour. He looked to be muscly under his black shirt and overall he was attractive.
I say man, well, he looked to be around nineteen or twenty which I found odd for a driver.
I followed him into a very fancy car and he held the door open for me. I made sure that I texted Thomas and Mum before closing my eyes and enjoying the journey.
"Your very brave doing what you're doing" The driver said and I raised an eyebrow. "You've travelled all this way for your criminal boyfriend not even sure if you'll succeed."
"I'm determined. Besides Shawn made a mistake, he was desperate, he's not a criminal" I defended.
"Just as some advice. Olman is worried that if he helps you, his reputation will go down the drain. You'll have to do a hell of a convincing job to make him come." The driver said and I scoffed.
"Trust me I will"
"I'm Xavier by the way" He said and I smiled.
"Faye"

We eventually pulled up to one of the biggest houses I've ever seen. It looked very modern and fit in very well with the LA streets.
"I'll show you in" Xavier offered and I nodded as I started to feel the nerves build up in my stomach.
"Don't worry, he looks a lot scarier than he actually is" Xavier said as a tall lanky man stood by the two grand doors.
He was tall with dark hair and thin rimmed circular glasses perched on the middle of his small nose.
He wore dark clothes and his hands looked frail and bony. His feet turned outward as he stood and he smiled a white, toothy smile at us as we walked up the front staircase. Xavier was right, he did look scary.

"Faye Dawson. Pleasure to meet you" Raoul said and I noticed his slightly French tone to his American accent.
"Lovely to meet you too sir" I told him shaking his thin hand.
He welcomed me in and Xavier followed. "I see you've met my son"
"Son?" I said looking at Xavier.
"I make sure he pulls his own weight around here. I pay him to do the driving" Raoul said putting a thin arm around the tall boys broad shoulders.
"Now Miss Dawson I ask that you join us for dinner as it's already been beautifully made" Raoul offered and I nodded eager to eat.

As we all sat down, myself beside Xavier, the questions started.
"So where do you come from? What do you study? What are your plans?" Mr Olman interrogated.
"Well, I'm afraid I'm quite boring sir. I'm eighteen and from a small town about an hour from London. I've just finished school and plan to go to University to study Law and Criminology" I said and he seemed to be impressed.
"I'm glad you actually have ambition unlike my son. He's into travel and that's about it" Raoul laughed.
"I'd love to travel but after I've  finished university" I said and for the rest of the dinner we were mostly silent.

As the table was being cleared Raoul cleared his throat.
"And have you got accommodation whilst your here Miss Dawson? I would offer you to stay in our east wing guest room but it's being redecorated" Mr Olman said and Xavier nodded.
Think.
"Oh yes I have a friend that lives not too far from here I can go and stay with him" I said earning nods from the two men.
"Xavier can drive you, unless this friend can come and pick you up?"
"I will ring him now sir" I excused myself from the room.

"Thomas I need you to come pick me up" I said desperately down the phone.
"Faye really bad timing"
"Why? They can drop me off it's no problem just tell me" I said shrugging.
"No no im on my way text me the address"
"Thomas if you're busy just tell me and I'll get them to drive" I said sternly.
"Faye I'm fine" he insisted.
"I'm bringing my car so text me the address. Love you Dawson" Thomas said before hanging up the call abruptly.
I could hear a girls voice in the background as he spoke and it didn't sound good. Shit. She probably thinks he's cheating.
I asked Xavier for the address and texted it to Thomas.
"Yep my friend is on his way" I said to Raoul.
"Good. I suggest that you come back tomorrow ten am sharp and we can begin discussing Mr Mendes"
"Thank you sir" I said shaking his hand before he slowly sauntered away.

"So how long are you staying?" Xavier asked as we sat on the grand steps waiting for Thomas.
"However long it takes me to get your father to come with me"
"He likes you I can tell. You remind him of my mother. She was determined and stubborn like you" Xavier laughed and I smiled.
"What happened to her?" I said. "Sorry if I'm being nosey"
"No no it's ok. She died last year. Cancer" Xavier sighed and I nodded placing a hand on his knee.
"I'm sorry"
"It's ok. She was so brave" He said smiling. "What about your parents?" He asked and I shrugged.
"My Mum works nights in London and my dad isn't in the picture" I said and he nodded. "They got divorced and he took off" I sighed. Xavier went to open his mouth but a car horn stopped him.
Thomas.
"Well I'll see you tomorrow" I said before shaking his hand and walking to Thomas car and hopping in the front seat.

Straight away I leaned over and hugged him tight. He did the same before I heard a throat clear from behind me. I turned and saw a red haired girl sat in the back with her arms folded.
"Take me the fuck home Thomas" she said and my eyes widened.
"Trust me I am" Thomas growled back and I felt so awkward sat there. "I'll explain later" Thomas mouthed to me and I nodded, both of us not being able to hold back a smile.
I rested my head back against the head rest and took a deep breath in.
Everything was going to be ok.