Chapter 20

I am so nervous but I shouldn't care and I know that.

"Julia!" Ethan said and I looked at him.
I was standing near the mirror while everyone else was busy taking selfies.
"Nervous?" He asked walking towards me.
I looked down not knowing what to say. I don't want him to have any wrong idea about me in consideration of Jayden.
"I can understand. It is your very first time to a party like this, it's normal to be nervous." He said.
That's right! So, I am not nervous about Jayden's reaction but for the party!
"Yeah." I replied.
"Remember one thing, no matter what anyone says or try to make you believe, you are you. So, don't let anyone walk all over you or look down on you, got it?" He said with a firm look.
I nodded my head.
"We can only get you ready for the party but you have to prepare yourself mentally. Just be yourself and don't give a damn about what anyone says." He said.
"Are such parties that bad?" I asked curiously.
I have been to parties before but not of a billionaire or his friend's. The parties I attended were of my friend's or my dad's friend's so everyone was really good to one another.
"It's not like that. Those people have always been to such parties so they know one another so they tend to behave differently when they meet someone new who is not from their background." He answered.
"I got it. I will keep in my mind about that." I replied.
"Ethan, why don't you tell her the real reason?" Cody said walking towards us.
I looked at them confused.
"Julia, the real reason why Ethan is trying to warn you is not about class or status but because you are going with Jayden." He said.
"I don't get it." I said still confused.
"You know how Jayden is a billionaire so he has always been the target of women who try to get close to him but he has always been ignorant to them. And then he got married and no one approached him because everyone knew how much he loved her. But, now she is dead and this is the first time he will be attending a party after her death so all those women are going to be a bother to Jayden. And the fact that he is bringing a date with him won't go well with them and they might be rude to you or say something to hurt or confuse you so don't listen to them." He said.
"Sorry, I just didn't want to be this blunt." Ethan said looking at Cody.
"But, Jayden isn't taking me because he wants to." I said.
They gave me a confused look.
"What do you mean?" Cody asked me.
"Actually, Zack heard about this party thing and so he insisted that Jayden takes me with him. Maybe he remembers how his parents used to go to parties together and so when Jayden said that he was going alone, it seemed odd to Zack." I replied.
They both looked at each other and then me.
"Umm...Julia..." Cody said nervously.
What's now? Why is he suddenly nervous?
"Julia, remember that no matter what happens there, just don't take it to your heart." Ethan said.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
He already warned me about the party and those women I may meet but he wasn't this worried about it.
"What he meant is, go with the flow and remember that such parties are a total waste to attend." Cody said.
I looked at them confused.
I really don't know what he is trying to say.
"Can you explain..." I was saying when we heard a knock on the door and Sally opened the door.
"Julia, are you ready? Jayden is waiting downstairs." She said and came inside.
"You look beautiful." She said looking me up and down.
"Thanks." I replied smiling.
I walked towards Zack.
"Zack, let's go downstairs." I said picking him up.
"What are you doing?" Jash said.
"What did I do?" I asked confused.
"You shouldn't carry Zack right now. You are all ready and perfect, carrying a kid will be..." she was saying when I started laughing.
They gave me a confused look.
"I don't care about that. And it's Zack, the most adorable and cutest kid in the world, how can anyone have any problem carrying him." I replied smiling.
"She used to say the same thing." Rach said smiling.
I gave her a confused look but then realised who she was talking about.
His mom must have loved him so much.
"Let's go." Ethan said.

I walked downstairs. I am so nervous for no reason.
I took a deep breath as I reached the last step.
"Daddy!" Zack said as we were walking towards a waiting Jayden.
I put Zack to his feet.
He turned to look at us. He smiled as he looked at his son and picked him up in his arms.
Then he looked at me. His eyes grew wide for a second before he composed his usual expression. Did he really had that surprised look on his face or did I just imagine it?
"Ok, Jayden. We will take our leave now." Ethan said to Jayden and shook hands with him.
"Thank you so much for coming on such a short notice." He said to Ethan and the others.
"You are a friend so don't thank us." Sam said.
"Bye, Zack." Cody said holding his little hands.
"Bye!" Zack replied smiling.
"Bye, Zack!" Everyone else said together.
"Bye!!" Zack said waving at them.
"Bye, Julia!" They said to me.
"Bye!!" I replied smiling as they left.
"Zack, stay with Sally. We will be back before dinner time, Ok?" He said to Zack.
"Ok!" Zack replied.
He gave Zack in Sally's arms.
"Let's go, Julia." Jayden said to me and started walking towards the door.
"Bye, Zack." I said kissing his forehead.
"Bye, mommy!" He said smiling.
I don't want to go leaving Zack here!!!
"Julia, you should go. Jayden is waiting outside." Sally said.
I nodded my head and went outside.
Jayden is already sitting in the driver's seat. So, he is going to drive by himself. I hurried to the car and opened the passenger seat door.
I sat inside.
He started the engine.

"How much time will it take us to reach the party venue?" I asked Jayden when we crossed the main gate of his property.
"Two hours." He replied.
"TWO HOURS!!!" I repeated.
"Don't shout." He said glancing at me.
"Sorry." I apologised.
Julia, you idiot! Don't do anything to make Jayden angry. He isn't being rude or glaring so you need to be careful not to make him do that.
He is awfully quiet. I should say something, this silence seems so odd and makes me more nervous.
"So, is the party at your friend's house?" I asked him breaking the silence.
"Stop talking and let me concentrate on the road." He said looking straight.
"Sorry." I apologised.
He is not in a mood to talk. Let's not talk then.
"Can I turn on the music?" I asked.
"No, I don't want to listen to music." He replied.
"Ok." I said and looked outside.
This guy!!! What is his problem??!!! Why is he acting like this??!!!! God!! Jayden and his moods!!!
This silence is killing me and I am getting bored.
Ding...
Message? Who can it be?
Cody?
He sent me all the pictures we took today.
"Thanks.😀" I typed and sent to him.

I should send these to Charles. He will be surprised to see me.
I sent all the pictures to Charles.
Ding...
Was he sitting near his phone?!
I checked the message.
"Omg!!!!😲😲 Let me call and tell you what I feel right now!!!" I read his message.
"Don't call!!🙅‍♂️ That stupid guy is sitting right beside me.😑" I typed and sent.
Charles- Ok. Then let's chat in texts.😁
Me- Ok!!! Anyways, I was bored.😥
Charles- In the car? Long drive to the party venue?" 🤔
Me- Yeah. And he doesn't want to talk or listen to music.😥
Charles- Don't worry, your saviour is here.😉
Me- That's why I love you😘 My only true friend😉😘
Charles- Haha. Ok. Now, the thing that I wanted to say.
You look so beautiful!!!😍
I knew that my best friend is pretty but I had no idea that you were this pretty😍
Me- Thank you😶🙈
Charles- Everyone is going to stare at you when you enter the party and whisper among themselves trying to figure out if you are an actress or a model😉
Me- I too thought that it was an actress or a model when I looked myself in the mirror 🙈
Charles- You are my friend!! We think alike😉
Me- Haha😘
Charles- I wonder how Jayden will stop himself from falling for you😉
Me- Charles!!!!
Charles- Oh! Let's not forget about the guys who are going to be present in the party😉 God! You are gonna make every girl feel jealous 😉
Me- Charles!! Stop it!!🙈
Charles- Stop blushing! You look even more beautiful when you blush and if Jayden sees you then he will take you to a church instead of the party.😜
Me- Church? Why?🤔
Charles- To get married😜👰
Me- Charles!!! Stop saying such nonsense!! 🙅‍♂️
Charles- Ok. No more teasing 🙄
But, you really look pretty, so pretty that I feel like I should come to be your bodyguard for today😙
Me- It will be so fun if you could come too🤓
"We are here." Jayden said stopping the car.
I looked at him and then outside the window. We are in the parking lot! I didn't even realise when we reached. We really forget about time while talking.
"Charles!!! Reached the venue!! Got to go!! Talk to you later!!" I typed and sent.
"Ok. Take care! And tell Jayden if you get into any trouble, he will definitely help you." He replied.
I am not gonna get into any trouble!!! What does Charles think about me??!! I will argue about this later.

"Stay here. I will be back in fifteen minutes." Jayden said opening the door.
"What?" I asked confused.
What does he mean?
"Didn't you hear me? I said, stay here in the car, I will go, show my face to my friend and come back in fifteen minutes." He said and got out.
"We will go back home after I come back. Zack will be waiting to have dinner together so I won't take much time inside." He said closing the door and walked away.
I sat there, confused. He called "The Dreamers", got me ready, brought me here and then told me to stay here!!!
He just went inside leaving me here! He left me here!!!! My mouth fell open.
That rude jerk!!!!!!

So, this is the chapter!!😁
Tell me what do you think about it?😄
Did you like the chats between Charles and Julia?😉 Talking to a best friend is the best way to get rid of the boredom, isn't it?😉😄
Jayden left Julia in the car and went alone to the party!!! That's really unacceptable, isn't it!!! But, let's see what happens next, it will be interesting to see how it goes😉😉
Next chapter is going to be... let me keep that a secret until monday😉😋