Chapter 14

I am going to meet Charles!!!
I hurried inside my room.
I should quickly get ready and leave before that devil changes his mind, ok, he is not that devil, he may still have a soft side in his heart.
I quickly changed into a knee-length dress with flower patterns on it. Brushed my hair and took my purse and mobile.
Should I call Charles and ask him if Deven is there? No, he is really smart and if I ask him then he will easily know that I am coming and it won't be a surprise.

I quickly left my room and ran downstairs.
"I understand." I heard Sally say to Jayden when I reached the living room.
What is Sally doing here? Everyone already left including her.
"Jayden, I am leaving." I said giving them confused look and walked past them.
"We will be back in a couple of hours." He said.
We??!!! I turned to look at him. I didn't notice in my excitement but he has changed into jeans and T-shirt. Is he going somewhere? Didn't he say that I can leave for a couple of hours and that means he was going to take care of Zack if he wakes up, which usually doesn't. If he is going then I will have to cancel my plan. But, I really want to go today!!
"Jayden, are you going somewhere?" I asked him confused.
"Yeah, I am coming with you." He said to my shock.
"What???" I said aloud.
"Keep your voice down." He pointed out.
"You are coming with me? Why?" I asked him.
"I told you yesterday that it's not safe for a lady to go out this late at night, right? So, I will drive you to the diner and also bring you back." He said.
"But Zack? You can't leave him alone!" I said shocked.
"Can't you see Sally standing there? I called her to stay here until we come back." He said giving me a weird look.
Why is he coming with me??!!! I won't be able to enjoy if he is standing there and frowning!!!
But, I can't shake him off. If I try to say anything about this then he will tell me not to go. Let's do this!!! Let him accompany me to the diner. I will leave him as soon as we enter and make myself busy with Charles and Deven and won't even glance at him. If I don't see his frowning then my mood will be awesome.
But, Sally will have to stay awake and wait for us? That won't do. I will feel guilty if I make her do that for me.
"Sally, why don't you sleep in my room tonight? That way you can stay near Zack and won't have to spoil your sleep. The bed is large enough for two people." I said.
"But..." she was saying when I interrupted her, "I insist. I will feel guilty if you have to compromise with your sleep because of me. Taking care of Zack is my job and I won't feel happy meeting my friends if you have to stay awake till we return."
"Thank you. I will sleep in your room." She said and smiled.
Problem solved!!! I won't let anything come between me and my surprise!!!
"Then, let's go. We have to return soon." Jayden said and I nodded my head.
Not soon but after enjoying myself to the fullest!!!

"How did you know that I want to go to the diner?" I asked Jayden as we sat in his car.
"Zack found you there and you worked there at this time with your boyfriend. You are going to meet him because there is no one else that is close to you." He said like it was the most obvious thing.
I forgot that he investigated about me. So, he knows that I only have Charles. But, he still thinks that he is my boyfriend, not that I mind. He can think of anything that he wants.
"Why did you and Zack come to diner that night?" I asked him.
He doesn't take Zack out a lot and that diner is not a place where a billionaire like him would go.
"When his mom was in the coffin, he thought that she was sleeping and believed that until he met you. We too thought of it as a good lie to tell him until he is old enough to understand the meaning of death. Whenever he asked when will his mom wake up, we told him that she was really tired and so she is still sleeping, if we wake her up now then she will get tired again and then will become sick. He was really afraid of his mom falling sick because when she met with the accident and was in the hospital, I took him to let her meet him, he saw her with all those tubes attached to her That made him really afraid. He thought his mom was sick and so he doesn't like hospital. That night he became restless and said that he wants to go and wake up his mom because she is taking a lot of time to wake up. I couldn't distract him, so I took him out on a long drive. I thought that he will fall asleep and will forget about it next morning. Then when we reached right in front of your diner, he wanted to eat ice cream from the ice cream parlour that's opposite to the diner you worked in. I went to buy ice cream and when I came back the diver told me that he got out of the car without him noticing. Maybe he saw you from the window and went there." He said.
"He must have mistaken me for his mom because he didn't see her for such a long time." I said.
He looked at me and then looked back to the road.
He didn't say anything and I thought to keep quiet. I made him remember the sad moments that he wanted to forget.
"We are here." He said and I got out of the car.