Chapter 34

"Good morning!" Jayden said coming into the kitchen as I was making breakfast.
"Good morning!" I replied.
"Sorry that I woke up late." He said and I looked at him shocked.
Why is he saying sorry to me? It's really weird! I mean, he pays me not the other way round so he can wake up anytime he wants to.
"It's not a problem." I replied confused.
"Zack, good morning!" He said kissing his head.
"Good morning, daddy!" Zack replied.
"Do you need any help?" Jayden asked me and came to stand beside me.
I looked at him.
"Umm..no. I am good." I replied confused.
Something seems off. It was already decided that I will cook and yet he is asking me if I need help!
"Should I arrange the table for breakfast?" He asked me.
"No, I can do it myself." I replied.
"I am free so let me do it." He said and took out plates from the cupboard.
"If you insist." I said.
This is so weird and confusing.
He is behaving like I am his boss and he works for me and so he is trying to please me.
Wait...I feel like I have seen something like this before. Where was it??...
"What are you making?" Jayden asked me breaking my flow of thoughts.
"Pancakes and boiled eggs." I replied.
"Zack loves pancakes and I love boiled eggs!!" He said excitedly.
"I didn't know about you but I knew that Zack loves pancakes. Sally often makes this for breakfast so I too made this." I said.
So, Sally made things that they like. It is obvious! She has to make what they like when she is making food for them.
If I knew that I will have to cook for them then I would have asked her all their favorite dishes.
"Thank you!" Jayden said suddenly.
"What for?" I asked confused.
"For making such amazing food for us." He said.
I cocked my head to look at him. He had a smile on his face as he was looking at Zack.
"It's my work." I replied and went back to making pancakes.
"It's not. Your work is just to look after Zack not make food for us but you still did all these for us when it is your vacation too." He said.
I don't want to listen anymore! This is what makes me feel like an outsider which I am! Why is he behaving like this?! What's gotten into him?!
"Breakfast is ready! Let's eat!" I said trying to change the subject and also not overreact.
"Let me help you with that!" He said taking the plate of pancakes from me.
I let him take it without protest. I don't want him to start with the same 'it's not your work' thing.

"You two should go ahead. I will join after putting these in the dishwasher." Jayden said getting up from his chair after breakfast.
"We will wait for you." I said and got up from my seat.
"No, it's ok. You should go ahead and start making a sand castle." He said taking the plates from the table.
"Sandcastle? The weather is perfect for surfing. You should take Zack for surfing, he will love it." I said.
"Ok. As you say." He said and I gave him a confused look.
What was that?!!! I know that he agrees to me but only after giving it a thought and finding it good enough to agree not blindly say yes to whatever I say!!!
I was right! He is acting weird! But why!! Why is he doing it? I don't think I did or say anything to him... What is going on in his mind?
"Ok! I am done!" He said starting the dishwasher.
"Let's go, Zack!!" He said taking Zack in his arms.
"Zack, we will surf today!!" He said to Zack walking towards the beach.
"Yay!!!" Zack said throwing his hands up in the air with happiness.
I quietly followed behind.
I have to find out why he is acting like this.
"Julia, what will you do? Won't you get bored if we go surfing?" Jayden asked me.
"I am fine. You don't need to worry about me." I replied.
What is it that he is after?
If you say so." He said taking a small surfing board.
Isn't that really short? Like it's for a kid?
"You got that for Zack?" I asked excitedly.
"Yeah. I thought of teaching him from the basics rather than just letting him stand with me while I surf." He said looking down at the surfboard.
"Do you have a camera?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked confused.
"Do you or you don't?" I asked ignoring his question.
"I do." He replied.
"Then, bring it!" I said excitedly.
"Why?" He said.
"What do we use a camera for?" I asked rolling my eyes.
"To take pictures." He replied.
"Yeah! So, I will take pictures of Zack learning surfing!" I said sighing.
He is too dumb!!!
"Oh! Right!! I will bring it in a minute!" He said and ran inside.
"Zack, you need to be smarter than your daddy." I said to Zack.
"Sarter?" Zack said trying to say smarter.
I laughed and kissed his cheeks.
"Here!!" Jayden said catching his breath.
"Did you run?" I asked him.
"Yeah!" He said huffing.
"Why did you?" I asked confused.
"Because you wanted the camera." He replied.
What's with this? What is going on in his head?!! He is being too sweet for my taste!!
"Forget it!" I said more to myself than to him.
It's no use arguing with him saying that he is being extremely nice.
"Did you say something?" He asked me.
"I was saying, why don't you take Zack for surfing now?" I said forcing a smile.
"Oh, right!" He said and lift Zack us into his arms.
"Let's go!!" He said raising his other hand.
"Let's go!!" Zack repeated after him raising both his hands.
I took a pic at the same time.
Let's forget about this for now because the more I think, the more irritated I will feel.
I have to take a lot of pics of my cute Zack!!!
Wow!! This is a professional camera!! It sure must have cost a fortune!! It will take really good pictures!
Aww...he looks so cute!! My cute baby!!
Zack sure is photogenic!! My angel!!!

"I took some great shots! Zack sure is too cute!!" I said as Jayden approached me with Zack.
"Give me the cam. I will take a picture of the two of you." Jayden said.
"There is no need." I said shaking my head.
I am just a nanny. Why does Jayden want a picture of his son with a mere nanny?
"Zack needs to have memories. And this is his first beach vacation." He said and I sighed.
"If it's for Zack then..." I said giving Jayden his camera back.
"Zack, go and sit in mommy's lap." He said to Zack.
Zack came and sat on my lap.
"Ready...smile!!!" He said facing the camera towards us.
We smiled.
Click!
I squeezed Zack and he laughed.
Click!
Then Zack kissed my cheek.
Click!
I kissed Zack on his cheek.
Click!
We both laughed.
Click!
"Stop taking so many pictures!" I said to Jayden.
"But, the two of you look so picture perfect! I mean, look at Zack's cute smiles!! How can I resist not taking a picture?!" He said.
I am speechless! That's a perfect reason! If I were in his place, I would do the same thing!
"Take as many pictures of Zack as you can." I said and he nodded his head.
"Mommy." Zack said hugging me sideways.
Awww...
"Zack, I love you so much!!" I said hugging him.
He smiled brightly.
Click!

"You know Zack, those two bright stars are my mom and dad." I said to Zack as he lay in my lap.
We were on the beach post dinner and I was showing Zack moon and stars which he never gets to see back at the mansion.
"Mom, dad?" He asked looking at me.
"Yes, my mom and dad." I said.
He looked back at the sky.
"Two stars?" He asked pointing towards two bright stars.
"Yes." I replied.
"And that one is your mommy." I said pointing towards the brightest star.
"Mommy?" He asked confused and pointed towards me.
I smiled and kissed his head.
"Your mommy is looking at you so you have to keep smiling and let her know that you are happy." I said to him.
"Zack happy." He said and smiled.
I smiled.
"Zack, do you like the stars?" I asked him patting his head.
"Stars beautiful!" He said.
"Yes, stars are beautiful." I said nodding.
"Mommy beautiful!" He said and I looked at him.
I smiled and kissed his forehead.
"You know that you are a perfect son anyone can ever ask for." I said to him.
He gave me a confused look.
"Mommy loves you!" I said and he smiled brightly.
I continue to pat his head and he soon fell asleep.
"Did Zack fell asleep?" Jayden asked walking towards us.
"Yeah." I replied looking at Zack.
"Where were you?" I asked him.
"Just inside." He replied and lift up sleeping Zack in his arms and put his head on his shoulder.
"I will take him to his bed." He said and started walking ahead.
I hurried to fall in step with him.
"Let me." I said opening the bedroom door.
He placed Zack on the bed and I made a pillow boundary for him.
We came out of the room.
"Good night!" I said to Jayden and turned around.
I want to relax a little on the beach before going to bed.
"Wait!" He called out and I turned to look at him.
"I wanted... Umm... Let's talk!" He said after a lot of hesitation.
"Sure." I said.
I want to know the reason behind his behavior.
"Let's go to the living room." He suggested and I nodded in a yes.
We walked downstairs to the living room and I sat on the couch while Jayden took the armchair.
"So, what is it that you want?" I asked him.
"What do you mean?" He asked confused.
"You have been acting weird since morning. You acted just how Charles used to when he needed something from me. He too would make circles around me and try to impress me by offering help and shower me with compliments. It's not like he doesn't do these things often but that genuine ones are a lot different from this one." I said and smiled to myself remembering how funny it used to be while keep on acting unaware when Charles struggled to ask me.
"So, it looked like I was going around in circles and helping you and complimenting you because I wanted something?" He asked me shocked.
I looked at him and smiled.
"So, you don't need anything, right?" I asked him and flashed a smile.
"I... I didn't say that! I mean... I don't want anything from you... not any material things... you know what I mean, right?" He said struggling with words.
"I don't." I replied shaking my head.
He sighed and looked down.
Then took a deep breath and looked at me.
"I just want you to tell me the answer. That's it!" He said.
I sighed getting up.
"You are still going on about that! You are really stubborn, you know that right?! Please use your brains and stop asking me about it!" I said shaking my head.
"Why are you talking like John? Exact same words! Did he tell you to say those things to me?" He asked getting up. He looks angry!
I was about to reply back when we heard a familiar voice.
"Are you guys talking about me?"
We turned to see John standing there.
"John??!!" We said together.
"Hi! Guys!" He said smiling broadly.
What is John doing here??

How was the chapter? Comment down!!😁😉
Guys, I am going to shift to hostel this Sunday so updating might be inconsistent. I also have to get an internet connection there which might take some time. I might change the days of updating based on my timetable. I will update you all about any important details in my profile so be sure that you follow me to receive any message that I write.
Sorry about this. I hope you understand.😘😘😘❤