Don't Hide

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Song: Mike Perry - Don't Hide

~One is for Lust, you've met him I trust.~

"Why can't you believe that I just want to help?" There were many reasons, but one of them stood out from the rest like a cold sore.

"Uhh let me think, you never cared for Selene, and did not want to help to save a daughter that was clearly dead THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME?!" This lady who I no longer recognised, and who frankly tried to pull the 'care' card on me lifted a smile and pulled her hands at her hips.

"Selene and I..we...weren't on good terms." She explained softly.

"You think?" Asteria laughed at my sarcasm.

"T-there was a reason you'd visit me alone. Selene hated me, for what I did." Now her face visibly fell and she turned her body away from me.

"And what did you do?"

"Well..I sort of tried to murder her beloved."

"You tried to murder dad?"

"Ambrogoi? Oh nah, that old piece of dirt just made everything worse. He got in my way!" She exclaimed suddenly with a pout that did not create justice for the heinousness in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I pledged, watching her wearily from the corner of my eyes as she paced the room, looking extremely ferocious.

"Endymion was a human Selene fell in love with. She was to expose herself in front of the whole Olympian clan, risking to being stripped from her honourable reputation, which she so did not care about! I tried to kill the human before someone found out!" I was gazing at my Grandma's pacing form as she moved from one corner to another and repeated, struggling to contain her wrath.

"But Hera, of all people! Found the two lip-locking on Earth, just before I could kill the humanely sickening bastard!" I narrowed my gaze, slightly cringing at the fact that she was merely describing the facts. My mother, cheated on dad..

"But Selene knew the consequences, she never listened! The only child I bore, did not obey me once!" It was clear just how much the memories were affecting this young looking Goddess, and I took a deep breath before advancing forward.

"What about Helios and Eos?" Weren't they her children too...

"Those two spit in my face when I neglected their wishes, they wanted to command the moon, they wanted to ravage my-"

"Or maybe they have realised that their own mother didn't love them?" Asteria proceeded to give me a silent look of remorse, but it passed her gaze so quickly it vanished within my sight.

"You don't know what it's like, living in the pits of your own darkness, struggling to fit into the world you clearly don't belong in." The Goddess strained her wrists angrily and loomed over me like a curtain.

"The feeling is actually very familiar." I replied to notice how her clear blue eyes softened a little.

"Alexia, you need me just as I need you. If you win the title, I can finally be freed." She lifted her fingers and cupped my cheek, with a small smile that lingered on her face for a moment.

"I can finally return home." I pushed her hand away, and glared.

"So that's what you want? For me to dig up your ass from the hole you clearly created yourself?Everyone uses me these days, everyone. You're no better than Hades and the others."
The way her smooth face creased brought ache in my heart.