The Titaness of Light

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

~I do not fear. I scare fear.~

I swear I heard laughter somewhere inside my head and it wasn't genuine. Why in the goddamn world would he send me to the heart of London?

I expected Ethan to show up any second but it was two hours since I've landed on Earth and no one came for me. Not even  the oh-magnificent Gaia.
I guess that means Hades actually covered my identity, god knows how.

I was on my way down the narrow street leading to the familiar little house. I hope she still lived here otherwise I had nowhere to go. I had no money or spare clothes, I'll be damned if she's not there.

Knock, knock.

The old wooden door creaks open, before me stands a skinny and very short lady. Her pale but bright clothes made anyone smile - they almost magically erased any sadness panted up in me. At first she stands there glaring at me until her wrinkly face breaks into a smile so wide I thought I will get knocked over by it.

"Alexia!" My Grandma shrieks out and throws her arms around my body. She literally squeezes the life out of me and I cannot help by laugh softly when she pulls back and grins warmly inspecting every angle of my face.

"What are you doing here? It's been so long. Come in!" She rushed me in and closed the door with a bang. I entered the home which I have recognized from when I was little. Everything was still the same, the same couch, the same TV and the same grandma.

She guides me into a kitchen and dumps a kettle on the stove before placing two ceramic mugs on the freak-clean table. Then she turns and smiles scanning my figure with her hazel eyes.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you!" We both smile at each other.   Minutes later we are on the couch eating chocolate chip Sainsbury's cookies and sipping onto the Earl Grey tea.

"So last you've visited you were just starting high school and now a decent business writer that's very admirable." Grandma summarises my sort of put together life. Although, I wasn't sure I still had the job I mean one I didn't arrange a single interview with the Mr Dark CEO and two it's been a year.

I reach out for another cookie trying hard not let my mind sweep in the thoughts of Alec.
The smile drops off Grandma's face in a second, it is replaced by rage-filled expression that almost had me running.

"Your hand. What happened to your hand?!" She yells and grabbed it, the cut was open wide and painful. It stang alright, but all pain was forgotten when Grandma said the next words.

"I know the knife that has done this." She seemed frozen on the spot for a moment before her eyes jumped up to mine.

"You've made a deal with the devil." She mumbled her palm dropping limp beside the tiny waist. There was coldness in her eyes as she stared at me for a long moment.

"I can explain-"

"Why exactly did you show up at my doorstep? To bring him into the house?!" Grandma screamed her hand latched on a black metal pan nearby. I took a step back with a yelp, the pan missed me by an inch when the old woman span it at me. She also continued to stare at the door as if Hades would burst in any second.

"I've got captured by the reapers, he wouldn't let me go!" I said while the wrinkled lady attempted again to hit me in the head.

"Stop it Theia!" I yelled and the woman went static, her eyes widening in realization. Then the pan thudded against the floors, the crash sounded in my ears.