Mrs Darkness in Distress

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

~Not all heroes wear capes.~

I woke up to an empty cold bed and made my way downstairs only for my ears to detect a very unpleasant voice.

"The pack has been a handful, next time give me a little notice before you want me to run it."

Mrs Darkness was sitting by the coffee table sipping on warm liquid with a cheerful smile on her face.

Alec was on the other chair opposite her with a mug of his own, they were having a mother-son bonding time by the looks of it.

"How did you sleep?" He asked stepping from the table and hugging me from behind. The gesture frightened me a little.

"Alright." I mumble not once breaking eye contact with the evil woman before me. She smiled at me,

"I need to head out for an hour with the pack, would you be okay with my mum?" Alec asked grabbing a leather jacket from the hanger and shrugging it onto his shoulders.

"Actually-" I started but the scraping of the chair interrupted me as Mrs Dark rose from her seat and grabbed me forcefully by the shoulder, practically pinching me to her rib.

"We got so much to catch up on, off course we'll be fine!" She chuckled grinning at her son whilst giving me the warning squeeze that involved sinking her claws into my hip.

"I'll see you later." Then Alec was out of the house, Mrs Dak released me in a second and was silent as the sounds of Alec's red Koenigsegg Agera R filled the air.

"Not even a single greeting?" Her usual sharp tone was back in the view and I could only blink as she appeared in front of my face.

"Why are you here?" I demanded not fazed by her sudden jerky moves. She was a smart woman, knew exactly what to ask and say.

"Christmas was yesterday, I wanted to visit my dear son and a few others."

"I am also looking for a Vampyr, goes by the name Jake. You haven't seen him, have you?" Her extended manicured nails dug into cheek as she pointed my chin so that I look into her eyes.

"No, I haven't seen him." She pierced my skin deeper and I drew out a hiss but didn't make another noise.

"Then why is his scent all over the house?" Her eyes went from brown to red in less than a second, suggestion that her patience was running thin.

"I don't know."

"But you do know." The blood was already dripping down my neck, soaking my shirt. I tried not to whimper as she removed the claws staring at her blood stained fingers.

"HEY JAKE! COME OUT OR I WILL SLICE HER NECK!" Mrs Dark yelled with a throaty laugh when I made a run for the door.

Her fist collided with my head sending me tumbling over and ending up mangled on the floor. I was already seeing double vision as Mrs Dark slammed a drawer of the cupboard open.

My ears detected a piercing sound of clinging knifes. I took a few feet breaths, there had to be someone in the house. Someone to help me buy time. Jake. He was still in the house.

"Looks like your little friend doesn't car about you. Well that's a shame, I thought you and Alec would make a perfect pair." A growl erupted through the walls before the bloodsucker made an appearance. Jake's eyes were depraved of humanity, the blackness in them terrified me to the very core.
The fangs of a true Vampyr were also on display, they had to be, it was the only line of defense there was in a Vampyr.