Master Of Puppets

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

~He has full control over my heart.~

Song of the Chapter: Luude - Sink or Swim (Ilovethissongsomuchplslistenwhilstreadingthischapter)

I blinked as our surroundings faded. Hades hand left my wrist and I observed probably the darkest pit of the forest. Where was the devil? Darkness was everywhere giving me crawling chills up my back.

"I see you have a soft spot for creepy and lightless places." I whispered predicting that he would hear. Twigs crunched under me feet as I took a step forward. My heart beat picked up its pace as I saw two grey eyes pop in front of me.

"I don't live in darkness. Darkness lives in me." I kept my breathing even, not because Hades moved unpredictably. My hands reached out acting as a defense barrier against anything I could run into; trees, shrubs, Cerberus.

"How dark is your soul then?" I ushered and ambulated into the unknown. The woods felt bothered today, something was disturbing them. Growling was behind me, the demonic monster also known as Cerberus was either one: prepared to bite a piece of my leg or two: effectively trying to scare me to shit. I wondered if Hades would do anything if his pet jumped at me. Or would he watch with appeasement that often feeds his coarse soul.

"I don't like your games." I muttered strolling with no clue of where I am. I think I heard shuffling in the background but growling was coming from the undetectable directions.

"Hades." I chirped anxiously stopping for a moment. I heard water, a river or a lake was flowing somewhere very near. I knew the devil was watching but for what purpose? Was he waiting?

"HADE-" With a foot slipping forward panic took over, it didn't touch the land. A scream tore from my throat as I realized my whole body went off either a cliff or a burrow. I saw reflection of myself in the water which was guided by the moonlight. It were my eyes - filled with fear and pools of black.

A hand grabbed me by the back of my shirt and lurched me upwards. I threw myself at the person probably clawing their face out with my grown nails. My teeth sank into my bottom lip so hard I tasted blood.

My body was shaking so much I think my bones jumped out of my skin. I saw two grey eyes stare at me curiously but my hands were gripping so tightly to the devil's dark black shirt, I think all of my blood has left my fingers.

"F-fab conversation I think I'm ready to go back." I let my fingers loose and stood up slowly dusting off my unsettled nerves. It was even colder in this region, didn't help that I lost the devil's coat during my gracious fall.

"As an offspring of nightfall you shouldn't be scared of darkness." Hades appeared next to me. Images of mum and dad flashed before my eyes and I casted my eyes towards the solid ground. The devil didn't know me, he may have known my parents but not me. I was not like them - I wouldn't repeat their mistakes because I was here to solve them.

"Well excuse me, I'm not a devil that doesn't fear a thing." I gnarled picking up pace in the opposite direction of the cliff. For brie second I wondered what was it like - not to feel fear. Was it a rewarding feeling? Or did it make you no better than a unoccupied shell.

"I'm very curious into how you pulled that trick on me." I spoke firmly after silence dusted the atmosphere. It was unnatural for Hades to remain quiet for so long.

"What trick?"Hades's voice followed me as did his footsteps just an inch delayed behind mine. I turned quickly seeing just in time a slightly wide eyes.

"You know that trick." I deadpanned, twisting forward so that I wouldn't have to see his staring face.

"Ahh that trick." A wind current picked up with a stronger force. The tree branches scratched each other and the rustling of leaves brushed past my ears.