Artemis

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Song: Rise - Far Out

~ It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you are about to do something really, really brave.~

I lunged from the bed growling my head off as a headache took place. Refreshed and completely re-fuelled I stalked across the room, not knocking, I slammed the door with the back of my foot, sending it stumbling to the ground.

Hades wasn't in any of the rooms, I grew agitated when sun rose from its slumber. The devil has left to watch the great competition - without me.
My mind raced for solutions, I needed to speak with him, but I also needed to do so without Mrs Mother Nature discovering of my visit.

I climbed the ladder down to Aurora's window, looking inside I found that the orange curtains were drawn together, preventing any sort of light passing through the room.

I knocked lightly.

The two big sheets got pulled apart as a very sloppy Goddess of Dawn fluttered her eyelashes, not quite seeing me yet. But at some point she did, and her eyes widened in shock.

"THE COMPETITION IS 'BOUT TO START!" Aurora yelled swinging her window open so wide I managed to hit my kneecap and whilst groaning I  thudded in clumsily.

The goddess had no time for greetings or apologizes she was more focused on flinging every piece of clothing up in the air.

"Looks like someone is in a rush." I cocked an eyebrow to which the Goddess paid no attention to only responded with incoherent babbling. She grabbed a plain yellow dress embroidered with several jewels and turned to me.

"Is that good enough?" I nodded my head as Aurora flicked her fingers and was now dressed in the agreed outfit.

"And what are you wearing!?" She cried flicking her small hands to my body that was covered in plain blue pajamas. But then the clothing transformed into something more appealing.

"That's better." The girl commented staring at the silk black dress that showed off too much skin. I scrunched my nose and gave her a friendly glare.

"Oh don't give me that look! Come on we need to Go!" She rushed me through the door but I had other plans for the party.

"Aurora, I need some information." The small girl gave me a smile and waved on, as I trailed through long corridors that seemed to have no ending.

"Sure."

"How do I kill a deity?" Aurora stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me wide eyed.

"Woah. What's with the-" I interrupted the girl's stammering by pushing her into an empty room.

"Aurora. What do I need to kill a deity?" I repeated mechanically, glaring my way through to the truth.
Let's face the reality for a moment, I was not here to make friends, I was here to survive and pay my revenge. No friendly strings attached.

"Listen Alex-" By the look on her face, she was going to anything but give me information that I required.

"I did you a favour. It's only fair you return it." Aurora glanced at me uncertain. She ripped her hand away from my steel grasp and took a meaningful step back.

"FATH-" I clumped a hand over her mouth, shutting her up as quickly as I could. She struggled against my hold in fear. I realised I was openly growling with my fangs released in full growth.

"Why don't you let the girl go?" It was that sickening voice again. Can he not just leave me alone already? Hades was inches from me, his eyes scratching my figure with judgement.