Midnight Conversations

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

~ The rules of this game have changed. ~

The light casting from the window was shining on my face. I opened my eyes to the sweet aroma of hot chocolate and mince pies. Taking careful steps towards the window I smiled. It must have snowed overnight because the lawn was now covered in a soft white blanket.

Sliding into warm sweater, jacket, pants and boots I finally made an appearance downstairs. I was first greeted with an enormous Christmas tree which was more festive than me for the occasion. But on the other note-

"Hey." I twisted on my heel from the sound of his voice, a small grin formed on my face. Alec stood dressed in a plain white t-shirt which was hidden under a denim shirt and classic black jeans. The more I examined his face the more I realised that the ends of his strands where now slightly longer than I have previously noticed. Oh, and wouldn't miss that mischief filled smile that lit up on his face when our eyes finally met.

"Hey yourself, is it Christmas, already?" My voice wasn't exhausted, torn or betrayed of single emotion. It just sounded...happy. I think even Alec took a notice of that as he smiled back at me.

"Merry Christmas." Alec spoke slowly as if he was scared that I would react completely different as opposed to what he expects. His brown eyes which I have started to develop an obsession for, were observing me up and down. The last thing I remember was falling to the ground as pain took over, my dad saying something and then...oh no.

"Oh. My. God." The words flew past my mouth, too fast for me to stop them. Alec appeared confused but Megan stormed into the room colliding with me, in a way saving the bound to be awkward interrogation which was also bound to occur sooner or later.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'm so glad you're okay!" She squealed into my coat comfortably and only released after several minutes, not that I minded much.

"We're heading outside, do you wanna come with us? We are holding a traditional werewolf game, called Hunt or die." Caleb waved padding by with Sophie that was peered at me with a small smile but didn't say a thing. Typical Sophie though. Moody and untouchable.

"Yea sure, why not?" I stepped forward and exited the house. It was a nice winter weather outside. But then I twisted to the side abruptly almost running into Alec in the process who followed very close by, too close by.

"Wait. Did you say Hunt or Die?!" Caleb snickered a laugh with Megan before they rubbed their hands together, resembling villains from the most dramatic movies out there.

"Don't worry, no one is going to die today. We are just playing a silly hunting game." Alec passed me joining Caleb on the side of the field which was perfectly colliding together with the deciduous forest.

"Then why is it called or die?" I called after him but then he just smiled mysteriously which had me very concerned for the well-being of myself and rest of the people on my team.

"Okay, we need to form teams, I call on girls against boys." Megan rubbed her hands together in a soothing manner but then her mate practically leaped in with a crying call of his own.

"But I wanted to be with you!" Christian yelled running from the other side of the forest. He literally materialised out of thin air and then they kissed like their lives depended on it.

"HEY! BREAK THE LOVE SCENE! RIGHT NOW!" Jake walked angrily towards us with a persistent foul frown and then forcefully stomped his feet against the ground. His entrance only finished when he twisted his arms against each other, crossing it in a very closed off stance.