Control

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Chapter of the Song: Control by Halsey

Three what seemed like never-ending hours the four of us spent at the carnival. The statement wouldn't have been so dragging if not for one specific person who tagged along. Alec. Not only he made sure I was aware of his dislike of me once the couple wasn't watching. He also ensured to out-compete me in every single charade here available. We went from simple throwing basketballs into​ the basket to computer games at which he surprisingly was very good at. Or maybe I was just incredibly good at losing in everything.

"Nice costume, complete misinterpretation of werewolves. Ever watched Teen wolf? Yeah, they wouldn't hire you." I accused walking behind Megan and Christian who strolled happily not even paying attention  to our sour glares. The Ceo pulled at the crisp white shirt and sorted his leather jacket more comfortably on his broad shoulders.

"And what are you supposed to be? An annoying brat?" Alec sounded with a smug expression. I ignored his comment effectively and instead allowed myself to rate the Halloween decorations. The LED lights of range of different colours were an excellent combination with the carved pumpkins and spider webs.

"BOO! Welcome to the Grand Halloween festival where you not only embrace your inner monster but also have fun!" A green witch with a mic voiced getting our attention. We went further before stopping in front of the plastic duck pond. Two dollars for one go. The sign displayed in bright and bold letters above.

"Can I try this?" Megan pointed to the fishing rod and Christian nodded with a sweet smile. He paid the two bucks whilst the brunette girl rushed for the wooden stick. 

"No pressure." I sung whilst the brown head tried to hook the tip of the rod onto a solid yellow duck.She secured it around the number 12 and threw the wet thing onto the desk. 

"You may chose any prize in store." The supervisor muttered uninterested and gestured to the soft toys on display. He looked extremely bored, in fact he barely lifted his gaze from his mobile phone and just continued on typing.

"How about that tiger..em okay." Christian trailed off as Megan practically ripped off the big fluffy penguin from the shelf and hugged it close to her body. The girl was a like fluffy unicorn, very rare but also very adorable.

"Alec why don't you win something for Alexia?" Megan smiled as the Alpha averted his brown eyes at my face. Okay, why did the conversation suddenly took a dark turn? I tried not to show how his eyes affected me by staring at the plastic rubber ducks instead. Pretending as if I did not care what he had to say would had to do for the time being.

"I'm here to watch not to engage in some soapy games." Alec gloated harshly and turned away scanning the crowd for trouble. But the problem was, Alec himself was trouble, only that he didn't see it that way. Megan looked away, panicked that she said something wrong.

I inhale in and joined the Ceo at the little tree which he regained his 'stalker' position at. I noticed some people passing him alert glances. No shock here. Alec was practically staring every single person off. Unintentionally, I grab his arm quickly and pulling him aside, anything to break apart the uncomfortable sight.

"You know,  It's Halloween! You should loosen up a little. There is no need to creep strangers out." The crossed Ceo portrays a glare before shrugging his arm away from my reach, and then proceeded with the traditional currently-not-caring-what-you-have-to-say mode.

"Megan and Christian are worried about you. No one has done anything yet, and probably won't. It's okay to relax for a while, you know?" I explain softly as the dark head clenches his jaw in thought and then darted his puppy brown eyes in my direction.