Skulls and Bones

All places, events and names are completely coincidental. © Copy righted.
ALSO ® All rights protected.

Plagiarism will result in punishment.

This is Book Two of the CEO series!!!! Please read the Book One first ( The Werewolf CEO)!!

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Alexia's POV

There was a time when I believed in destiny. A time when I still had a family. A time when trying to survive wasn't the question.

My stay at the Ethan's hideout stretched from one day to one year. A whole year if not more in Olympus, in one room.
Ethan stated it was too dangerous for me to leave the place, they, whoever they were would quickly locate me, and when that happens I am good as dead. Or so he stated.

I never got an explanation as to what exactly happened whilst I was dead, and believe me I was. Ethan claimed that because I had Moon Goddess's blood running through my veins it made me immortal. But as for the other half of my genes, he had no clue.

Apparently to kill a half god it took a lot more than a broken neck.

Every day Ethan would come back to check on how I was doing, and every day I give him one and simple answer.

"I'm okay."

The rehearsed words fooled no one, but I didn't say more. It was either embrace the lie or suffer emotional pain. I still was yet to find mum. Wherever they held her was probably not the most comfortable dungeon or cellar.

The problem was in Ethan though, no matter how many times I have tried and begged him for answer, he never provided me with anything. He was avoiding everything to do with the Gaia and my dad also. Not to forget the constantly mysterious background that Ethan seemed to have. I had an idea that Ethan was one of the Moon Goddess's servants hence why he was protecting me or more preventing me from going anywhere.
So I went with what I had. Convinced that wherever Alec and Caleb were, they were fine.

"I am confident they are alive and well, what more do you need?!" Ethan yelled out staring me right into the eyes. I bowed in shame, I just wanted to see them with my own eyes, talk to them. Do anything but sit in this ghostly isolation.

"I have been in the hiding for more than a year Ethan, I want to return!" He didn't even spare me a glance, a second he was going out again and I wasn't going to have it.

"Phthonus!" I tattled blinking slowly as Ethan stared me down. I wouldn't look away. I would not.

"Why do you think I'm out there everyday? To feed the ducks?!" He now stood closer to me than ever, the blonde hair was fully grown out and was no longer blonde but brown. Very dark brown.

"I am getting out of my skin searching if it is safe for you to be out there. So don't you dare say my name in my presence or you will regret it." That's how he walked out and hasn't came back in two days. Two.

I knew that something was wrong, very wrong. The door was always locked before he went and it was the only thing keeping me from leaving.
Because Ethan knew that I will try to run if that meant I could find my mother.

I waited a few more hours before the bastard finally showed up.
He snapped the door open and glanced at me with hooded eyes.

"Where were you?!" I cried out jumping from the bed and stared as Ethan breathed harshly.

"We have to leave. Now." He lifted a bag and started filling it with clothes.
I continued to look down at him catching a glimpse of the bloody wound running along his back.

"Were you attacked?" I whisper my tone of voice quiet, no more than a soft blow of wind.

Ethan looked up gulping, "Put this on." He handed me a large black cloak that covered my shoulders. I glared at the thing before wrapping myself in it.

"Where are we going?" I question my fingers locking the clip in place. The brunette doesn't answer yet proceeds to finish his task.

"Don't say a word, don't talk to anyone. If anything happens you're on your own from that point." Ethan proclaims and I hesitate as he shoves a bag into hands.

There is a bang on the door.

"In the name of Chaos, open the door!" A distinct male voice shouted outside. Ethan looked like a deer caught in the headlights, he took a sharp breath then narrowed his eyes.

"Take my hand."

I just stare wide-eyed at the shaking door that is about to be burst down. He let's out an annoyed groan before his fingers curl around my forearm.

Then we blinked out of existence.

Darkness swallowed me and for a moment I struggled to breathe.
I felt hands at my waist and at some point there was oxygen flooding my lungs.

I shuddered as we both collapsed on the ground in the middle of no where. I gasped and coughed, spitting out bitter soil that made its way up my nostrils and throat.

"Ethan!" I hissed jumping to my feet but he was already standing, I don't even think he fell down with me.

"Stay quiet." The brunette whispered violently rattling me by the shoulders.
That's when it slowly made sense, we were not alone. Just where in the world where we?

It was a forest, a really deep and dark woods, and I have just eaten dirt. Someone make my day worse.

"Don't move." Ethan breathed his arms limb on the sides. I froze on the spot not even allowing myself to blink. I tried to locate anything amongst the black abyss but there wasn't anything here.

But then I realized I have greatly mistaken. Something was ruffling the earth underneath our feet.

Then the thing appeared in front of my face. Literally.

It's bony face resembled a skull, it had no eyes, no mouth, no skin. It was a skeleton I came to a conclusion.
I tried to contain my ragged breathing, keeping myself still as possible. I thanked the whoever was above to not let me scream.

The skeleton looked around as if searching for something. Then I felt someone's breath on my neck. I shook violently, my eyes shut closed before the skeleton noticed. I couldn't watch, I couldn't breathe.

The stench of grated bones filled my nose, it was disgusting. When I next opened my eyes there was not one but five skeletons surrounding me, and they've been looking directly at me.

The only sight was Ethan's mystery sword that went cutting through bones.

Woo oo oh oh oh oh!
Here is the first chapter of book 2 of the CEO series!!!!
Let me know how you like!!!!!
Or any improvements!!!!!

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_
Ria!