A Seductive Cabbage

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

(Alex's dress and hair above :)

~Remember him, no matter what.~

"Hey, if I was an assassin I would have not brought up a conversation about how I'm not an assassin!" I dodged the flying chair that clashed into the wall behind my back. Aurora made it certain that she was skeptical and suspicious of everything I did - even breathing counted as an act of crime.

"I don't know about that, maybe you are a really bad assassin! You literally flew through my window! Probably hoped your foot has killed me!" She squawked accusingly, taking a firm hold of the golden bedside lamp.

"Do you even hear how stupid that sounds?" We stared at each other before bursting into laughter. Aurora pointed her gaze down in embarrassment before puffing out a harsh breath, a small smile forming upon her lips at last.

I think that's how I've told her my story,  that's how we became friends, and that is exactly how Aurora went out of her way to help me find my mother.

"Rory, you do understand that distracting the guards will not work? I'm trying to go unnoticed, not point all the spotlight in my direction." I think the girl was looking for company and adventure - which was the reason for her willingness to aid me. She too disagreed with Gaia and her ways, and most importantly she knew the ways down to the prison cells.

"You came with the God of the Underworld. Now, I remember he owns an invisibility helmet that could get you past the guards." Aurora smiled at me with bright glowing eyes. I exhaled deeply tangling my fingers in my lap.

"Whilst the helmet does exist. I won't be able to retrieve it, it got lost the other day." And I had no clue whether the Devil ever got it back.

Aurora arched her eyebrow thinking of another plan. "Wait, I know!" She scrambled to her feet immediately and stood in front of me.

"The cloak." She spoke raising her hand in the air like she was a genius.

"The cloak?"

"His cloak has many abilities, including invisibility. Get the cloak and we're talking." I gave that an idea a thought. It wasn't the best of the best, but I had nothing else. I doubted that the Satan would ever allow me enter the prison cells or discover the location of Selene, for some reason he refrained from sharing any information about it whenever I brought it up. I even wondered whether he actually knew her whereabouts and simply kept me for his own entertainment.

"There is a tiny problem with this plan. How. Am. I. Supposed. To. Get. It?" I met Aurora's thoughtful expression. She looked me up and down before smirking.

"Ahh Alex, just for you luck I have a few maids who know exactly how to get you flawless. There is a ball this evening." Aurora tapped her chin mysteriously.

"Use your seductive side, get it off his shoulders." My eyes expanded as I glanced down at my short strands of blonde hair. I didn't know if this could work. The devil hasn't shown interest in me. So why would he now? Even if he did, I didn't know how to manipulate him into handing me the precious cloak that never left his shoulders. The cloak might have been full of skill and magical abilities, but I couldn't remove it without the Satan noticing it being gone. I honestly haven't seen Hades without the thing ever, it was like that two were inseparable.

"You're insane. I'm as seductive as a cabbage!"

"Is this important for you?" I found her meaningful gaze. The Goddess kneeled in front of me with a warm smile. I nodded, clenching my fists together into a grip that gave me just a little bit of hope; maybe it would work.